Status
Not open for further replies.

vegas

Account Disabled
Mysql restarts
mysqld dont restart
It seems I need to grant permissions to mysql user so mysqld restart
duno how on mysql 5.0 centos 5.11 via ssh
I have got all my databases on var dir and php files load well ,certain scripts appear just with coding maybe mysql aint well sincronized to php 5.2.17

I guess I have some dependencies of old MR kloxo like mysql 5.1 since I uninstalled in order to install mysql 5.0 but it dont seem to pump it up well ,mysql devel cant be installed and mysql server please bring some knowledge

Try to change ownership of those directories to the MySQL user.

Chown is the command you would want to use.

Chown <User> <Directory>

Ex. Chown root /var

Thank you.

Generally permission should be assigned to mysql user on mysql data folder and others. But before that I suggest you to check the mysql error logs just to find out the exactly clue.

Thank you very much Broxne then granting the permissions to the mySQL user would be prettym much like this
Chown mySQL /var
?
engrossweb can you please speak about directories paths?

I appreciate you reading a lot

Mysql restarts
mysqld dont restart
It seems I need to grant permissions to mysql user so mysqld restart
duno how on mysql 5.0 centos 5.11 via ssh
I have got all my databases on var dir and php files load well ,certain scripts appear just with coding maybe mysql aint well sincronized to php 5.2.17

I guess I have some dependencies of old MR kloxo like mysql 5.1 since I uninstalled in order to install mysql 5.0 but it dont seem to pump it up well ,mysql devel cant be installed and mysql server please bring some knowledge

If you don't mind, simply copy and paste the mysql error logs, so we can provide you correct command to resolve the issue because one wrong chown command can cause you many problems.

Hi,

First of all check the MySQL directory where the data is loaded and check if they have mysql user ownership assigned to them.

# mysqladmin var | grep -i datadir

suppose you have mysql at location /var/lib/mysql, then below is the command to change the ownership
# chown mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql

Yes 24x7server because the reason why mysqld dont restart is because the actual mySQL dont have a user named mySQL as being the owner,isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys