MySQL or its forks?

What is your preferred choice when working with MySQL databases? The top 3 are MySQL itself, MariaDB and Percona.

I currently use MariaDB 10.1 across all servers and can't wait to roll out 10.2 which offers a great performance increase in my testing!

We are using MariaDB 10.1.x across our servers currently.

Maria 10.1.x is so much faster than the MySQL versions in our lab, and load dropped on our servers when we upgraded. (Some time ago now).

We will probably change as soon as CloudLinux has a 10.2 version, as we use their db_governor, to keep DB abuse under control.

I like that you can change the MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS on a user by user basis, that would be useful.

Last edited:
Before I left the industry, all our servers were moved to MariaDB and couldn't have been happier!

We are using MariaDB 10.1.x across our servers currently.

Maria 10.1.x is so much faster than the MySQL versions in our lab, and load dropped on our servers when we upgraded. (Some time ago now).

We will probably change as soon as CloudLinux has a 10.2 version, as we use their db_governor, to keep DB abuse under control.

I like that you can change the MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS on a user by user basis, that would be useful.

Yeah it is just all around more efficient in my book. I haven't looked much in to CloudLinux 10.2 so may need to check that out soon.

Hi,

MariaDB has certain advantages over MySQL. Some of them like More storage engines and Better performance. You can check the below link for more information:

mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/mariadb-vs-mysql-features/

MariaDB performance cannot be compared to others it works so well, we are strictly a mariadb system and couldnt be happier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys