Medium size forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick

Hi!

I have a medium-sized phpBB3 forum (300.000 pageviews/month). The forum is in Spanish and contains user posted links to video hosted at rapidshare and megaupload.
The forum is about anime (Japanes cartoons). I also host images (sceenshots), and some of them are Hentai - that is adult cartoons.

At this moment I use about 200MHz CPU, 400MB of RAM, 1 GB space and 30 GB of transfer.

I need PHP5, MySQL, GD and ImageMagick.

Thanks in advance for any offers.

What pricerange are you looking at? Have you considered possibly a low end dedicated server (or is that what you're on currently)?

We have dedicated servers starting at $59 here at Hands-on.

Also, if you can find a VPS hosting company that allows adult content, I think your site would be a good fit for it. Our VPS do allow some adult content (such as toys), however graphic pictures, even if they're cartoons, are not permitted on our VPS plans.

Thanks for replying. I'm currently on a shared hosting. I'm not looking for a "price-range". As anyone, I would like the best for free. So I'll just have a look at the offers and will take one that seems best. And note that "best" isn't the same as cheapest.

BTW Why do you allow "adult content" on dedicated, but not on shared?

The main reason for adult versus shared is that MOST adult content sites take a lot more bandwidth and resources than a normal shared server would support. The second reason is more of a concern for our users. IF something happened on the DNS and wires got crossed, the last thing we'd want is to have a website pointing at an adult site by accident. Can you imagine the face of a pastor going to their site to insert the days sermon only to be greeted by a bondage page? :) Bandwidth and CPU usage are the main concern.

Our VPS servers are located in a different data center and their AUP does not permit adult material, so we have restrictions on there too.

SF-Host.net Offers shared hosting and adult content is allowed as long as it meets North american laws.

Meaning anything over 18 is allowed but not under 18.
Hentai is allowed also.

PM me for more info

Hi Patrick, We have a seperate server in a different Date Centre that allows for lawful adult content. Only restrictions are, the content must be lawful by US standards. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via the contact form on our web site.

Thanks,
Chris

i have the best thing for you

Total freedom of a dedicated server?

How about a VDS only not virtual?

Discover the leading edge technologies of an RPS (Real Private Server):
Its a real processor
Its real RAM
Uses iSCSI hard disk
100Mbps connection
Large choice of operating systems
Re-installation of RPS for free on demand
Monitoring 24/7
Bandwidth graphs
Reboot of RPS on demand
Guarantee of components
Technician's interventions 24/7
RTM (Real Time Monitoring)
Secondary DNS
Rescue system
Reverse DNS

The RPS is a dedicated server without a hard drive in the box.
The data are stored on the SAN (Storage Area Network) and accessible through iSCSI.
The iSCSI disc is detected by the RPS as a real hard drive so you can customize the starting settings of your RPS (lilo, kernel, ...).
Each customer shares the SAN storage with other customers. With QoS management among all RPS and SAN, each RPS has a powerful storage infrastructure, secure and scalable
up to 1TB per RPS.

########## RPS1 ##########
Processor Intel Atom mono 1.6 GHz
Setup Fee FREE

DDR Memory 512 MB DDR2
Disk access ISCSI (or NFS)
SAN disk space Extendable up to 1 TB
per block of 10 GB
$9.99 /month
Hard Drive 10 GB
Connection 100 Mbps
Bandwidth 100 Mbps burst able and premium / your choice
Bandwidth 15,000GB
-
Monthly Price $38 - NO CONTRACT!!!
ORDER NOW http://beastserv.com/servers.html
-

########## RPS2 ##########
Intel Atom Dual 2x 1.6 GHz AMD Athlon 64
Setup Fee FREE

DDR Memory 1 GB DDR2
per block of 10 GB
$9.99 /month
Hard Drive 10 GB
Connection 100 Mbps
Bandwidth 15,000GB
-
Monthly Price $50 - NO CONTRACT!!!
-

########## RPS3 ##########
2x 1.9 GHz AMD Phenom II X3 710 3x 2.6 GHz
Setup Fee FREE

DDR Memory 2 GB DDR2
per block of 10 GB
$9.99 /month
Hard Drive 10 GB
Connection 100 Mbps
Bandwidth 15,000GB
-
Monthly Price $59 - NO CONTRACT!!!
-

########## RPS4 ##########
AMD Phenom II X3 710 3x 2.6 GHz
Setup Fee FREE

DDR Memory 3 GB DDR2
per block of 10 GB
$9.99 /month
Hard Drive 10 GB
Connection 100 Mbps
Bandwidth 15,000GB
-
Monthly Price $81 - NO CONTRACT!!!

http://www.hostuniverse.co.uk/ offers unlimited hosting for only $7.50 a month fully quiped with the latest cPanel software, Fantastico. Our servers support all web languages which inlcude: PHP, HTML, .NET. ASP, CGI, Perl, Java, Ajax, Ruby and much much more. Our MySQL Servers are top of the range and can support the biggest of websites.
We Also have RVSitebuilder so that if your a beginer you can start a site quick and easy withotu any coding knowledge.

Our Server Specs:
Quad Core (total 8 cores) Xeon Harpertown - 2 x 12MB cache processors, 2 x 73 GB 15k RPM SCSI disk drives mounted on RAID for your databases, 8 GB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.