marketing plan

Blast

How do you create your marketing plan?
What things do you take into consideration while its making?

Marketing plans for this industry looks at several factors:

Server Cost
Employee Cost [sales and technical]
Various Licensing Fees
Market trends (what's currently going on within the industry)

Among other things. You will really need to sit down with a business consultant to figure these issues out.

Just try everything and see what works the most, test it all, trial and error is the key.

I don't have a set plan, never needed one and that has worked fine for me over the years.

Marketing plan depends upon for what product customers are looking for and what kind of offers our competitors are providing.

Just try everything and see what works the most, test it all, trial and error is the key.

I don't have a set plan, never needed one and that has worked fine for me over the years.

I think that quite important actually - a business / marketing plan isn't something you should follow in stone. It WILL change as you go along, as you find things that work and things that don't, as your budget increases or decreases and as new opportunities come up etc....

One thing not mentioned is market niches. For example dedicated servers for game servers or a particular game type. A marketing plan is a work in progress. Not only does it have to be solid enough to work, but also flexible enough to change for market niches.

Marketing plan is not a business operating plan. With a marketing plan, you should focus on your customer markets, competitors, do SWOT analysis.

A smart man once said it - “If you are failing to plan, you are planning to fail.”

I do believe a good business plan is the foundation to any successful venture. Without a plan how would you know if you achieve your goals? And how will you set your goals in the first place?

Not only that but while compiling such a plan, one will face questions they haven`t even thought of, questions that will affect the future of the given project. Answering those questions beforehand will give you a good preparation of what lies ahead...

As gate2vn suggested, a SWOT analysis is something quite simple but very effective. I can also recommend trying some of the numerous online softwares for help on this subject. For example I`ve used BusinessInABox and it does give you a good outline of the topics you need to cover in a good marketing/business plan :agree:

Without a doubt it can be said that we are all different therefore some plan for the future and others don't.

I am more on the planner side. I make a checklist for everyday of the week. This helps me make sure that i have done enough everyday and I record stats from platforms like Google, Edge Rank, Klout and so on. At the end of each week I can see where I need to prove and where i'm doing good.

Then again that's what works for me.:)

Marketing Plan includes :
Server Cost
and Licenses you buy

after all costs you cover then only you can think for profit.

I would stay away from adwords my first year in business. I would suggest marketing on forums like these. There are paid solutions where you can stand out from the crowd.

Marketing is real trick, almost half of your budget spend on marketing then you will show some growth

We start spending 50% of our budget on marketing and using free resources

Marketing is necessary to get more clients and expand your business. However this requires analysis on income and cost and based on this you can decide your marketing budget.

How do you create your marketing plan?
What things do you take into consideration while its making?

Marketing plan is actually a statement, supported by relevant financial data, of how you are going to develop your business. Plans should be based on actions, not masses of historical data.

"What you are going to sell to whom, when and how you are going to sell it, how much contribution (gross profit) the sales produce, what the marketing cost will be, and what will be the return on investment."