Low Cost But Quality Datacenters - Do You Know Of Any?

LBGA

Do you know of any low cost datacenters that offer good quality servers that have affordable pricing that can be resold for a nice profit margin?

Thanks!

It all depends on what you mean by "low cost" and "profit" :)

Personally, I use Singlehop a lot, but it all depends on what you're doing. If all you're doing is just fliping the machine and tacking on an extra 10-40% you'll not get too far. It's all about what you bundle with the server after getting the machine.

There are dozens of low cost places out there that you can find for less than $80, but if you're looking to resell them, the same people looking for servers under $120 are looking for under $100 and will find those $80 servers.

Matching anyone on price alone is going to be a losing battle.

It also depends on what kind of server you are looking for, mainly for unmanaged or fully managed servers?

Low cost data centers can have high quality servers at attractive pricing, but their infrastructure supporting those servers can be less than satisfactory - you basically get what you pay for.

You know what "low cost" and " profit" - Doesn't rime!

Think about it - Servers not just came alone it came up with many things and that means the most impotent thing is service! And the profit you make that depends on your services OK! So you have to decide which you should go with?

Thanks

Agreed. What I suggest is for you to purchase parts or whole unit servers from external sources like your local PC shop, then you can collocate that server at X data center. That way, it'll be cheaper and specs [and price] will be more appealing to your clients.

I have heard good things about Joe's as well, I am originally from KC and heard they have great service and really good recruiting for their workers. I think colo is really the best option if you don't want to basically just flip an ok server and pretend it is great.

I have a couple friends at Joes Datacenter, they are really low cost.

While I can't comment on quality I can say they have never had a bad thing to say against them. They also have a good reputation on forums such as WHT.

I have a couple friends at Joes Datacenter, they are really low cost.

While I can't comment on quality I can say they have never had a bad thing to say against them. They also have a good reputation on forums such as WHT.

1+ for checking out http://joesdatacenter.com/

I've never colo there myself, but a friend of mine has very good things to say about them, and they have very low prices compared to other DC's. :agree:

1+ for checking out http://joesdatacenter.com/

I've never colo there myself, but a friend of mine has very good things to say about them, and they have very low prices compared to other DC's. :agree:

I would agree I've heard good things about Joe's. Couldn't find any reference to redundant power on their site (A+B), so if that's important, be sure to ask them directly.

really thinking about colo there since I am originally from KC and have friends there. If you are going to do that, I think you have to offer a little extra to outdo the cheap guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys