Klooki gone?

HostKookster

Anyone want to share their thoughts on the closing of Klooki?

On WHT they posted a 3 line "Klooki has closed" with contact information....

There are many threads around the various boards discussing the fact that they simply closed up shop, without so much as a warning to their current clients. Is this true? Or did they have a plan in place?
Was this closing inevitable? Were there any indications? It's one thing close up a company that offers just shared hosting services....it's another to close up shop of a reseller centered service.

Any insight? Comments? Gossip? News?

They were overselling like crazy so I assume they couldn't keep up with the bills when a new server was needed or they couldn't keep up with customer support.

Any way you look at it, this was a very low class, scumbag move.
They could have easily acted professionally and relocated clients to other providers, but instead they chose to act like a bunch of midnight rats and scurry off leaving their clients high and dry.

It's scum like this that give the hosting industry a bad name. They have tarnished the industry and should be held financially responsible for all of their clients losses.

I hope their clients pursue legal action.

It is very sad to see companies use clients for their get rich schemes as we have seen here. Hopefully the clients themselves will wise up and take notice that if something is too good to be true it will most likely not last long.

Too bad. They had a kinda fun sounding name.

I guess it's good for us though. Less competition. Only 14,999 left!

I doubt people will ever "WISE" up. They will just goto the next overselling, overloaded, 1.7 celery with 256 meg of ram. As long as htere is people out there cut throating each other then you will have overselling. You do not know how many times I have thought about placing an advert such as this:

10 gig space
200 gig traffic
all for the "STUPID LOW PRICE OF..... I AM GONNA TAKE YOUR MONEY WHEN I CANT DIDDY UP CAUSE I OVERSELL MY SERVICES $5.95"

Sorry had to get that off my chest

Last edited: