Jetbackup: The little engine that could!!!

whmcsguru

So, after quite some time in the industry looking for an AIO solution for my own personal needs, I ran across my own hero last year, and thought I'd pass it along to others. If you're using cPanel, then Jetbackup is an absolute, positive, fully must have piece of software

What would you say if I told you that you could store up to 90 days of incremental backups for just a fraction over what the original backup size was? Imagine telling your clients that you DO have that backup from three, even six months ago? With Jetbackup, this is possible. I'm amazed at how it is, but it is.

Case in point:
I recently configured Jetbackup for a client, who has a good number of clients on their server. Total / partition? Around 180 gigs. After 12 snapshots + 1 full backup? Usage is at 194 . The utilization, because of hard links, etc, is incredibly minimal.

What would you say if I told you that you could create multiple backup jobs, to multiple backup servers, all logging, all within the same software? Well, again, it's true. Personally, I have 4 base MySQL backups a day, plus the account backup (so five, total), all being stored in different locations (on the same server). If I wanted to separate them to other servers, that's totally possible.

What would you say if I told you that you could do a complete account recovery from another backup server, to the server you're on now (say, you have to do a full server wipe and restore, then reload the accounts)? With Jetbackup, you can.

What would you say if I told you that you could limit backup sizes. IE: if your account had more than 2.5 gig, don't back it up... Or if your account has more than 5,000 inodes in use, then don't back it up? This is all possible within Jetbackup.

Adding to this, the restore interface. Tried restoring incremental backups, as the end user in cPanel? You can't. Tried restoring just a db, SSL certificate, cron job, or something else? You can't. With Jetbackup, you turn that can't into can!

Prior to using Jetbackups, I had to have numerous backup scripts. One to do the MySQL db backup, another to sync it, and another for cPanel... And the one for cPanel just didn't do what I wanted (no snapshots, no long term storage, etc)

After a good deal of consideration (went through numerous software), I landed upon a very little known app at the time, Jetbackup, through my cPanel license provider.

The best part about this little software? The price! I'd expect (and be willing) to pay between $5 and $10/month for this software. Instead? It costs me $4/month. That's it.

Yeah, I realize this sounds like a sales pitch, but it's not. Really!!! This software should be on every single cPanel server...

What would you say if I told you that you could store up to 90 days of incremental backups for just a fraction over what the original backup size was?
Case in point:
I recently configured Jetbackup for a client, who has a good number of clients on their server. Total / partition? Around 180 gigs. After 12 snapshots + 1 full backup? Usage is at 194 . The utilization, because of hard links, etc, is incredibly minimal.

I am sorry but I am confused how 13 restore points is "90 days" worth of backups.

Am I just missing something here?

You can actually store way more than 90 days of backups, I should have clarified that. I just choose 90 days myself.

The specific client I was mentioning was just setup just under 2 weeks ago and chose 2 weeks of backups.

We looked into their solutions about 8 months ago but didn't get an answer from their support. Saw one of their customers asking on their forums why he couldn't get any support just a few days ago.

Any product that doesn't have support that answers within 12 hours is a no go for us. So multiple days or no support at all isn't possible for most hosts.

It's a shame as their product looks good.

You know, I've never heard of Jetbackup, but will certainly look into it now. The comment about lack of support concerns me though.

I contacted them again and they responded quickly.

They said they only answer their forum twice a week, which is a shame as it sort of removes the whole point of the forum and gives them a bad image.

We will give them a try soon.

We have been using Jetbackup since July last year.

We have 30 restore points - 30 days.

In the early days we did contact their support and they got back to us within an hour or so.

They have a couple of new products as well now, Jet Migrate and Jet Clone we haven't tried them yet - if someone here has used them, please let us know how you got on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys