Is This a Possibility?

narulure

:D Iv heard from a friend that you can host websites n'stuff on your IP address.

When I first heard about this, I was shocked. :) I thought mabey someone here would know about how this might be done. I only need FTP access & php/mysql......

:)rolleyes: My computer is ALWAYS connected to the internet VIA high speed cable. :p )....thxs!

Hi narulure,

Yes, you can do it over your home cable connection. Also you may want to check if your ISP allows you to do so as most will not.

To do this you will need a static IP address assigned to you by your ISP, then you need to update the nameserver record with you domain registrar. Once this is done you can use a software like FoxServ and install it on your computer.

(FoxServ is an Apache / mySQL / PHP installer package for Windows and Linux. )

Also by doing this you are opening yourself to security risks, so be sure to secure your system.

We have had many customers try this, but the speed problem is always the reason why they come running back!

allright great! I checked with my service provider.....they said they didnt have a problem with me doing that ^^

I installed foxserv......and now Im lost XD.

What exactly should I be running..?
<--------->
a.) Apache Monitor
b.) Fox Serv Control Panel
c.) "start Apache Service"
d.) minmysqlservice
<--------->

.....how do I set myself up so I can upload using my FTP.