Is there a simple way to transfer domain ownership?

grsmith

I've purchased several domain names for friends, and now the two-year ownership is expiring. I'd like to transfer ownership (and payments) to them but also would like to avoid cost and hassle. Does anyone have experience with backordering? Can I tell my friends to backorder the name and then just let it expire? Is there a better way?

Ownership is with aitdomains and networksolutions. Below is a listing of aitdomains procedures for transfer. Not really bad, but a bit of a hassle.

"3. Customer agrees that the transfer transaction consists of three elements: First, Customer must remit to AITDomains.com the transfer fee. Second, Customer must establish a new user account on the AITDomains.com interface located at https://www.aitdomains.com/newuser.htm for each transferee that is to be a recipient of one of Customer’s domains. Finally, Customer must list, using the format provided herein below, each domain to be transferred and the user account to which the domain is being transferred."

A bit tedious. Any advice will be appreciated.

a lot of it depends on where the domains are registered
if your with enom or godaddy etc then you can just create accounts for them if youve got a reseller account and then push their names to them

What if you don't have reseller accounts and you want to transfer a domain from your godaddy account to someone else's godaddy account? Does that cost money?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8