Is dizzyhosting.com dead ?

GoMenS

Hi everyone,

A few months ago, hostingdiscussion.com helped me in solving a problem with a hosting company named dizzyhosting.com.
Everything's worked fine since but since more than a week, Dizzyhosting.com doesn't respond anymore and so is my own website recipemania.net.
Has someone subscribed to Dizzyhosting too and encountered the same problems ?
What can I do ?
If I have to move to another hosting company which one is the most reliable for PHP/MySQL ?

Thanks for any help,

GoMenS

Hello, I remember you had a problem with this company, so my suggestion would be to move to a new one.

I personally had experience with several companies, two of which I loved: WebHosting.com and HostMatix.com

WebHosting.com was great, but it got expensive once the site grew, so for the last year I've been with HostMatix.com and I coulnd't be happier. They are a unix-based host, but they support everything you'll ever need, plus they give Fantastico package with every account.

I wish you good luck in shopping.

Hmm, at least prices are good for me...
Thanks for the tip.
Do you know what version of PHP is supported ?
I've seen that they belong to a Company named Mifco Group, based in Dubai... Do you think they are reliable for a long time (let's say more than 6 months) ?
I just want to host a personal website with PHP4 and MySQL, limited traffic probably, will the yearly package be enough ?
Thanks again for your help Artashes.

Yes, you are corrent, the company's headquarters are in Dubai with offices in USA. The company is to be trusted 100%. I personally got to know the CEO, who often communicates with clients on their forum.

I actually got to meet quite a few people from a company - all are very friendly and welcoming professional people that know what they're doing and they do it well.

As for the PHP support, I have no idea, but I think you won't have any problems in that sense as they have been continuously updating themselves technically.

I think the yearly plan could be enough - but that depends on how many pages, visits and how graphically loaded site you plan to run.

Best,

Just did a DIG on dizzyhosting.com and their Server(s) are off line. Probably had the plug pulled and, if it's been a week already, odds are they won't be back up. Have you tried the phone number listed in the WHOIS - (610) 623-8828.

It's always been my opinion, when doing business with any company on the Internet, I want to know I can pick up the phone and call them. Although having more than one method of communication is good, Voice is still tops.

Thanks for the information Artashes...
Fact is I don't know how to count the number of pages for my website, shall I count the number of PHP pages (few) or the number of pages generated through PHP (much more) ?
Anyway, I think I'm going to give it a try, for 50 bucks, I think the risk is light...
To answer Rob, yep, I've this phone number for Dizzyhosting but... seems to have been unplugged as well :(
And let's say that for the few money I spent, I don't want to lose time running after a ghost...
See you,

GoMenS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft