In terms of DC.......

YoYoC

In terms of DC, which place is a preference for web hosting companies to locate their servers? United States, Europe or Asia?:confused:

There's quite a few in Texas and California both.
The question is going to be better answered by the business themselves. What's your ideal location? What's best for you? What are you looking for?

As close to their customer's audience as possible, especially if their site is request/content heavy like a eCommerce store.

We will see where is the potential marketing. Our company at Hong Kong, but our 1st rack was host at SIngapore.

The USA still dominates the DC/hosting market. As to top cities in the USA, in no particular order, and not a complete list, New York, Ashburn, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, etc... these cities and surrounding areas tend to be the major hubs.

USA is still the most favourable option, However I do see many new customers are also opting for European DC's due to their low costing bandwidth.

Very good point that is, as 95% of our clients are UK based, and nearly all there traffic is UK and EU based it makes sense for us to base our servers in the UK.

As for this moment that's the best thing that can be done. If you want to expand your services and target other masses you'll have to change but that is to be assessed.

In terms of DC, which place is a preference for web hosting companies to locate their servers? United States, Europe or Asia?:confused:
This depends on your target audience. If it's more global in nature, then diversify your locations.

If you have european customer put on european datacenter,if you plan to expand you business,and try olso to target diferent country is good to put in asia datacenter and usa datacenter,in this you shoud get more clients.

Placement of services should be where 90 to 95% of your customers are. It does not make sense to put your servers in the USA If almost all your customers are located in Europe.

As everybody else has stated, put your servers where your customers are!

But a few additional things to consider:

The Law:
Locate your server in a country where it is legal to operate your services and ensure that it also meets your privacy requirements. If you accept payments through your website, it might complicate things with tax laws, data privacy laws, and a few other things. For a smaller site, you *probably* won't get into any sort of trouble, but if a breach happens, you could be in a bad situation.

The Services:
If you plan to operate voice services (VoIP), video streaming (RTMP or something else), Game Servers, etc., anything that requires low latency, there is a market in Chicago for Game Servers and VoIP providers.

DMCA:
Is your site obligated to comply with the DMCA? It might be, if you locate it in the US, even if your business is located in a country that does not have to comply.

As everybody else has stated, put your servers where your customers are!

But a few additional things to consider:

The Law:
Locate your server in a country where it is legal to operate your services and ensure that it also meets your privacy requirements. If you accept payments through your website, it might complicate things with tax laws, data privacy laws, and a few other things. For a smaller site, you *probably* won't get into any sort of trouble, but if a breach happens, you could be in a bad situation.

The Services:
If you plan to operate voice services (VoIP), video streaming (RTMP or something else), Game Servers, etc., anything that requires low latency, there is a market in Chicago for Game Servers and VoIP providers.

DMCA:
Is your site obligated to comply with the DMCA? It might be, if you locate it in the US, even if your business is located in a country that does not have to comply.

+1 rec. exception: If you want to provide services like VOIP, it doesnt matter if your D.C is in Chicago and your customer base is on the opposite end of the globe/country. What matters the most here is latency. So, it's best to stick to a dataceneter in a city where your target audience is and simply keep getting more colo space as you grow in different cities.

If your target is Europe, look for DC's that offers the best connectivity towards your customers. Same goes for US or Asia.

What DC is connected to which routes, PoP's, carriers etc...

You'll have to find that sweet spot! ;)

I have been using ovh since 2013 and very satisfied with it and my customers love the ddos protection of ovh as well. So i definitely say OVH will be the good option. And i suggest you to use Europe location.

all my clients are in the UK.

My main server is with Bigscoots who use the Steadfast DC in Chicago USA and this works perfect