In need of a dedicated server

Status
Not open for further replies.

hostmything

Hello.
I need to purchase a dedicated server or the purposes of hosting VMs. I will be needing
At least Raid 10, so 4 HDDs (name your available sizes and prices)
A dual processor server
Eh, Enough ram to start, upgrades can come later. Maybe start with 32 GB?
5 usable IPs

Please post your offers :) any discounts will be appreciated :)

Do you need Linux or Windows? And what would be your budget for this? We can work something out for you accordingly.

Eh, Enough ram to start, upgrades can come later. Maybe start with 32 GB?

If you buy a server that supports 32 GB RAM (i.e. the standard these days - a Xeon E3 series server) - you can't upgrade it later. It doesn't support more than 32GB. Besides with 32GB RAM and only 4 HDDs your disk access will become sloooooow long before you run out of memory.

I have some dual quads with 32GB ram but will have to get you some pricing for 4 hard drives and do you want hw raid or sw?

This will be a linux box.

You're right, the disk's will become the first bottle neck, therefore I will lower my ram requirements to 16 GB, seeing as this will not yet be a "production" server.

I keep my 4 HDD requirement. I would like HARDWARE raid, with hotswap capability.

Does anyone recommend going with a single CPU server for hosting VMs? My original requirement was 2, but I am unsure if it will be necessary.

Thanks! Everyone on HD rocks!

This will be a linux box.

You're right, the disk's will become the first bottle neck, therefore I will lower my ram requirements to 16 GB, seeing as this will not yet be a "production" server.

I keep my 4 HDD requirement. I would like HARDWARE raid, with hotswap capability.

Does anyone recommend going with a single CPU server for hosting VMs? My original requirement was 2, but I am unsure if it will be necessary.

Thanks! Everyone on HD rocks!

We recommend you the E5-2630 Dedicated Server- Dual Hexa Core which would come with the following:

Hard Disk
4 x 300 GB SAS
4 x 600 GB SAS (+£28)

RAM 16/32GB

RAID 10

This setup would cost you around £390.

Optional: 4 x 1TB SATA additonal £10.
cPanel/WHM - £20

Let me know if you need more information.

Does the server location matter and are you looking for any visualization software with the server or will you install dthat you end? Do you need cpanel/WHM fo reach VMs?

PM me and I can give you a custom deal for a US based server.

Thanks everybody for your offers. I decided on a host. :)

I don't believe HD allows users to close threads, so if an admin or mod could please do that, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jean_garcia2