If a client asked for refund,would you ask why 1st

BlackStorm

if one of your clients asked you for a refund on their account how would you deal with it?
Would you ask why first then if the reason is acceptable, refund their request?
Would you refund then ask why so you can improve your service?
Would you nto refund because you dont have a refund policy for hosting accounts?

If one of my clients had asked for a refund it would depend on a few things if I would give them a refund or not.. if it were only a week or less they had the account for, I would ask why and if I could, resolve the problem so they would stay, if not, and they still wanted to leave, I would refund their money.

If they had the account for three weeks or so, and asked for a refund for just some stupid reason or something I would not refund their money.

This of course is my way of dealing with things as I do not have a money back gurantee, yet.

I would ask why first to see if there might be a misunderstanding. Also when you find out why you may be able to improve your service for others.

If I offered a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE then I would refund my clients money with no questions asked. Else I would send them a message asking them for their reason of leaving and then hopefully offer them some kind of incentive to make them stay back.

Yes, of course, if you had a gurantee then you would have to refund their money but otherwise, in most cases you can encourage them to stay with you.

But at the same time it may not be healty for the hosting company by making the client stay because they demand too much sometimes. :)