How to stop wordpress sites to get hacked

nixtree

Hi Guys,

Just wish to hear from all about this topic. How you guys manage your servers against hacking and main hack all the time seems to be to famous CMS like wordpress, joomla.

I wish to hear from all Server / Hosting Owners, what steps they follow to prevent Hacking in the server and server accounts and not to cause any server wide hack as well.

If you guys can share your experience it will be great start for others who is in the business or this same field.

1) Always make sure your scripts are up to date and always install any patches issues. in wordpress install plugins like Wordfence Security.

2) Always make sure you have the latest security features installed and upto date on your servers

As above.

Keep that server patched.

Run mod_sec, now that comodo has a simple installer, there's no excuse not to run this.

Try to avoid unauthorized access to the Server. Keep Updated all scripts, themes and Plugins. Use complex passwords. Schedule a scan on the Server for malware checks. Avoid 777 permissions to any folder.

Ok so im going to add to this, the place most hackers start getting entry is from your own computer, keep your workstation clean as to not tranfer anything.

Dont have your admin id as 1.

Keep your database isolated.

Last one, i believe anything a hackable really, just dont make it worth the hackers time.

Good ideas from everyone.

I'd also recommend using two-factor authentication in your hosting control panel and site admin. Or even a Universal Second Factor dongle (USB key), which I believe Google will be announcing a new range of shortly.

Having a password manager also makes the use of complex passwords relatively simple and easy.