how to expand your webhosting business?

sevenclouds

Any provider would have their own method to search their targeted clients and attract them to purchase your products.So how about to search the client from sns websites.Only post your spam Ad?

It's hard to expand in the industry these days as there are a lot of web hosts and the big companies being bought out by EIG. However you can grow by offering something your customers need…

For example:

- Security; a lot of customers put security first they don't want to hear that their information has been leaked online or that their card details have been stollen and used for fraud. If security isn't important to you then you loose that client.

- Reliability; customers like a reliable provider who is there when they need them and provides good and helpful support.

- Transparency; some customers prefer their provider to be transparent when there are downtime, if you don't inform your customers why the service is not available and / or you don't keep them updated they will leave. That's more important than good up-time.

- Price; you can get new customers if you have discounts too as stated above, even if it's the first month only, it will allow clients to test out your support and service before paying and committing to your business.

- Freebies; some customers like the odd freebie(s) like a billing system for resellers, ssl for both web hosting / resellers, free domain if you purchase yearly.

That's what helps most business expand, and the more happy customers you get the more new customers you will gain by word of mouth and reviews.

Web hosting is highly competitive niche and sure, it makes sense to offer discounts, but it won't do good to any web host provider to decrease it prices to absurdity. We are trying to get visibility through forums. Contacting businesses directly is also a good idea, maybe the best of all.

I would buy other hosts if you are in an expending stage. Hopefully they have a good name you can use for marketing as well.

For us Word to mouth and local marketing is our best growth areas.

Start by building a great product and service. Once that is sorted word of mouth will start. Request your clients to write you reviews if you like. Consider some adsense (PPC) and if the budget is good, buy out other companies that have clients but still outsource servers. And always pray to God you get it right. LOL

We find that getting your promotion out via forums, Twitter and Facebook serves us very well. By doing this we average at least 1 new customer every day of the week.

Spam add wont be the solution for attacking clients instead of it below are the best options to attack the clients:
1. Promotional Offers
2. Plans With Special Resources
3. Easy Billing Cycles
4. Money Back Policy
5. Prompt Sales and Support Service
6. Knowledge base
7. Instant Activations
8. Feedbacks etc

A great Knowledge base can also payoff in as much as it shows that you understand the industry you are in and there fore you can be trusted to offer a good product and meaningful support

Hosting has exponential growth over a period of time. This is business is not where you get traction over night.

Key factors, which i followed,

1. Be patient
2. Optimize your website
3. Use social media and Google to advertise your site (Freebie)
4. Quality service
5. Client satisfaction

Any provider would have their own method to search their targeted clients and attract them to purchase your products.So how about to search the client from sns websites.Only post your spam Ad?

Focus on a niche or several niches. Be the go-to expert for that niche and their hosting needs.

Or if you are just starting out - focus on your local market. You might be surprised to know how many local businesses aren't happy with their current host, or simply don't know they have an option in the matter. If you offer web design - you can upsell them on a new design and get a hosting client out of it for the long term.

Just my two cents.

Focus on a niche or several niches. Be the go-to expert for that niche and their hosting needs.

Or if you are just starting out - focus on your local market. You might be surprised to know how many local businesses aren't happy with their current host, or simply don't know they have an option in the matter. If you offer web design - you can upsell them on a new design and get a hosting client out of it for the long term.

Just my two cents.
I absolutely agree with coloAZ about marketing to your local community, especially newly registered companies. This plays into know, like and trust favorably.

- Add New Hosting Services like SSD For Shared hosting and VPS,
- Include more Virtuliazation techniques for VPS and servers
- update website content with unique and fresh hosting related content.
- provide discounts on Hosting services for new and old signups
- optimize the website.

Hey,
If you want to promote ur webhosting business then please take it online. You can also promote it through Google ad's.
I hope you will be satisfied with my ans.
Thank You :):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys