How much mysql to use?

Forum4Hosts-Jo

Hi Guys,

well the re-design of my website is going pretty well, Now comes the codeing part.
It was suggested on WHC that i use a mysql driven FAQ do you think its worth it? Most customers don't read the FAQ anyway. So would a static one be sufficient?
I have already decided against perldesk, I have instelled a support forum but last time we had one customers ignored it and email me anyway...
I would also like to make my customer database php/my sql. Unfortunately i am useless with both LOL
Do any of you use a my sql database for your customer database?

What else do you have on your site that is automated or database driven?

Hi Guys,
I have already decided against perldesk, I have instelled a support forum but last time we had one customers ignored it and email me anyway...

Might be a mistake not to force clients to use it (perldesk) and tell them that you will ignore messages not addressed correctly to support. My reasoning is that if you grow bigger and you employ tech staff you will quickly find that a web based support system is an absolute must have as email becomes way to unwieldy at best.

Did you use the Email part of perldesk where the emails go directly in? Invaluable i think.

Cheers

Jo, if you need a simple database (mysql + php scripts) let me know, i'll try my best to help you. Its the least i can do..

The entire signup / control system is controlled by Several MySQL databases,
AGCCID (the software powering agccworld.com) is also heavily reliant on MySQL

I find it an invaluable tool :)