How many hosts have you used?

BlackStorm

How many hosts have you used for your websites?
If you are a host, roughly how many before you started hosting yourself?

I have used roughly 7 hosts all for different sites.
Its a good experience to use a few different hosts at the same time as i was doing for a few, lets you compare the hosts and you can decide if you would want to move all your sites to the one host

I used one before going out on my own. Poor service from one host was all I needed to make the transition to a colocated box.

I never hosting with noboday b/c I brougt a server & take it to a co-location at NAC they I got like 3 server they & start my own hosting business.

Wow so your first host was yourself?
How did you know how everything worked?
Were you hosting a site at your home first?

<!--QuoteBegin-John Diver+Oct 22 2003, 04:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (John Diver @ Oct 22 2003, 04:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Wow so your first host was yourself?
How did you know how everything worked?
Were you hosting a site at your home first? [/b][/quote]
1- Yes me & my partner thinking to start the hosting business then the best think is to start with your own server.

2- Working finemy partner what to school.

3- I start my house first now I got a small office at NJ.

Thats amazing that your first host was using your own server.
I think thats the first time I have heard that :)
Most people start with either a free account or a premium account because they arent very advanced on the subject.

Theres quite a bit to know to run your own server, sounds like it has worked out very well for you!

<!--QuoteBegin-John Diver+Oct 22 2003, 04:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (John Diver @ Oct 22 2003, 04:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Thats amazing that your first host was using your own server.
I think thats the first time I have heard that :)
Most people start with either a free account or a premium account because they arent very advanced on the subject.

Theres quite a bit to know to run your own server, sounds like it has worked out very well for you! [/b][/quote]
Thank You but we start go out that what me & my partner did. Now all I need is start goting back my money that I spent on the servers & advertise.

Shared ?2 freebies
Reseller accts?too many to count ( most were bad )
Datacenters? one big bad one that cost me almost half of my customers. would love to print their name

but am very happy with my 100% uptime now

grace5 said:
Shared ?2 freebies
Reseller accts?too many to count ( most were bad )
Datacenters? one big bad one that cost me almost half of my customers. would love to print their name

but am very happy with my 100% uptime now

Just curious, which datacenter was this, to give us all a heads up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft