How do you spend your day?

WD

I'm curious to see how others spend their time each day. Do you allocate a certain amount of time each day for tasks like books/record-keeping, sales, (forum visits :lol: ), advertising, etc. or just take it as it comes?

I make a lot of "lists," but have found that lately I haven't been able to accomplish everything on them. It's natural to get sidetracked with tech support issues and things I suppose, but I've had some "high needs" clients lately that have kept me from my normal chores and am looking for a little more balance to my day.

So, how do you spend your time each day?

I work from home, so i generally get up, put the pc on and open outlook ....answer any emails that are in. Then do a few forum visits, work on the odd site etc with outlook open all day. I don't get many tech support issues to be honest, ,most are pre-sales so i have a fair bit of the day as "free time"
I check the emails agin before i go to bed.
I fit book keeping in and other tasks during the day if i have low tech support. I f i have a high tech support day then i just leave it till the next day, i'vbe given up on getting stressed over running out of time.

I basically do the same as jo. I too work from home, and the best thing about it is you can leave your desk, and be alerted when you have email. That way you can answer it straight away. I also have aim running most of the time, so any pre-sales probs i normally deal with over AIM, much easyer if u ask me. And no, i dont make lists or have a 'rota' for each day.

Matt

Thanks

Thanks to both of you! So basically what you're saying is that I'm far too anal and I need to toss the lists! :rofl: Perhaps I'll have to give that a try. Let me find a pen...making note...."do away with list-making".... :lol:

Thanks again for the thoughts! I appreciate it.

I wake up and walk around and then buy some coffee from Starbucks. I have all support and sales email notify my mobile phone via SMS so I know exactly when someone has submitted something.

Lists are very good when you have 50-100 things to do for the next few months. :)

As far as day to day, just take one task from the list at a time, answer emails, perform installations, and once a month billing. Oh yeah, the email paging is great for knowing exactly when an email comes in and not worrying about checking your email. From my experience cell phone messaging is less reliable than satelite messaging but probably satisfactory for most needs.

Chuck