How are you preparing your website for SearchGPT?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
OpenAI has launched an AI search engine SearchGPT. The company says they have been overwhelmed with the response (I am on the waitlist): "We’ve had an overwhelming response and have filled the initial spots for the prototype. While we can’t offer you an invitation right now, we’ll reach out as we expand access."

At this moment, very little is known about the search engine, yet my gut tells me it has the potential to very quickly gain minimal market share, pass DuckDuckGo, maybe even muscle Bing around after that, if things go right.

This leaves the biggest question of all: how do web hosting companies prepare for it (or anyone really)? How do you interact with its algorithm? How do you maximize your chance to becoming a reference point?

With very little data out there, what's your take on SearchGPT, its potential impact on search, and your business websites?

I'm excited to see where this leads as I do believe we are in the early stage of revolutionary technological advancements. I've been using AI frequently the past few months and while it has some flaws, I absolutely love what it opens to the world.

To be fair, it's not just SearchGPT, although it'd be interesting to follow its journey. It's every AI-driven search tool, including Google's Gemini and Microsoft's Copilot.

We are mostly trying to focus on very few things. Among them:

— instead of focusing on dry keywords, we are trying to understand user's intent behind the keywords that they find us with, and cater more content towards that intent;

— when creating content, again, we try to think of how customers would ask questions and what kind of answers they would understand. We try to be as user friendly, as clear and as detailed as we can be;

— we make sure the technical base is solid (on-page elements), title tags, meta descriptions, etc;

— we've recently relaunched our entire website, refreshed the brand look, and with it made sure the site has a clean and enjoyable UI, and that it is built and optimized properly;

— we've started to engage more with our clients by creating content that's mutually beneficial (ex: customer spotlights). It was a ton of work, but we hear authentic experiences are great for general SEO. It's possible we are generally going to score better;

There are still things to do and improve on (structured data, off-page SEO, and other things), but we have more of a methodical approach.

I'd frankly believe a good, articuled website would be nice for SearchAI to consider a good offer. Some niche words may do the difference, other feedback can do it as well, etc.

Back