HostXL.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hostxl.net

Hi,

Posted previously regarding Hostxl.net and problems I had trying to get them to help regarding my daughters account. If this is the wrong place to post then my apologies. I tried to recover my money using paypals 'within 30 day' policy but Hostxl does not have any money in their account to refund me - paypal have taken action against their account until it's resolved which I now think will be never? I am partly to blame, I should've checked them out in more detail rather than just rely on recommendations.

Hostxl, with reference to the Whois Database, is registered to:

Registrant Contact:
Host XL
Goce Kosteski (sales@hostxl.net)
+1.4168949821
Fax: +1.9048314051
111 Midland Unit #2
Toronto, ONATRIO L1W-P82
CA

If anyone has information regarding this company, or e mail addresses, or any other information regarding this company or companies this individual has set up/setting up then I would appreciate it if you could forward it on to me. All I want to do is get my money back so would be grateful for any help offered. My email is phil_thomson@blueyonder.co.uk

I don't know what this company is about or what they are planning to do in the future but regarding the level of service I received I'd strongly advise against anyone having anything to do with Hostxl.net or Goce Kosteski (Registrant Contact, Administrative Contact, Technical Contact & Billing Contact). Is this guy multi-talented or what or is he just spreading himself too thin?

Regards,

A very unhappy Hostxl.net & Goce Kosteski customer. If you are reading this Hostxl.net/Goce Kosteski, please give me my money back, I can't get you or your company at any of your email address's. I paid you for something you didn't deliver. I'm quite happy to debate it here or if you'd prefer, you can fly over to the uk, I really like to be in the same room as you.

Phil Thomson

Phil,
I would suggest that you take advantage of the fact that you have that mailing address and write a letter. Maybe something in writing will get him thinking that you are serious about what you are asking for and you will not easily give up or will tolerate the lack of response from his company.

I agree with Jordan ... send a letter in the mail but spend the extra bucks and have it Registered so you will get a signature that it was delivered.

Kind of an ominous sign in my book ... I did a Whois check on them this morning and part of the result was

Response Code: 500
Website Status: not active

Does that mean what I think it means?

Peter

Thanks Jordan/Peter,

I think I will send a letter and see what the response is. Also, I just did a check in the Whois database and Hostxl.net still shows up with details etc, maybe there's been a wrong connection or whois has been down briefly or whatever. Anyways! I'm still looking for a good hosting company and would like good references. My daughter has already lost some of her pocket-money to hostxl, don't want her to lose any more - she wants something that's reliable and gives her all the options she would have got with hostxl. I know it may cost more for something reliable but that's a lesson I've learned. Hope someone can give me some good pointers.

Thanks for all your help/advice.

Phil

Last edited:
That's peculiar. It seems like they just disappeared. I don't know how they could do that with the client base that they say they have. Especially since they recently aquired Keston's company, WHM-Host.

hahaha...
Send a letter registered mail, if you can. Then start phoning his kids, stalking his wife and eventually plant some drugs in his house and get him sent to jail for a few weeks...try it! It works! *stutter* Not that I've done it myself or anything *innocent look*

Thats one way of doing it. But if they actually did close up shop on account of bankruptcy, they can't owe you a cent. Thats how some of these hosts work. They set up show for a few months then disappear with your money.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but now they are just making me mad. Someone from HostXL keeps IMing me asking me if I need hosting. I asked them not once, but twice to remove me from their 'SPAM' list but they kept IMing me until I finally blocked them. Anyone watching this thread may wish to watch out as they are running under a new name LastHost.com/net, and that's what they kept spamming to me.

LastHost.net is the only domain name that works for me. LastHost.com is parked and is for sale. I wonder why they changed their name. ;)

Most people starting off a reseller account will encounter issue, since they are in most cases not in charge of the server they have their account on.

Since 6 months we seem to here less and less(not so many) new web hosting companies being created, I wonder if people have started to actually work out their plans on offering web hosting solution to everyone.

It's sad to hear the bad story about HostXL.net but I guess they started off the wrong foot.

I can't believe there's a thread still on HostXL.net - they seemed to sink a few months ago and their LastHost.net (ironic name) project seemed never to float. Strange...

Roj

Their site is still down... HostXL....
Dragonlordgod, HostXL changed their website to LastHost.net. I believe all of their business is now located at that website. As previously mentioned, their name might have been changed because they received such a bad reputation before.

Status
Not open for further replies.