HostingDiscussion server move

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
I am excited to announce a significant upgrade to our hosting infrastructure. After careful consideration and an in-depth investigation into our WordPress installation that powers HD's cloud and web hosting news outlet, we have decided to move our servers to SharedGrid. This move was prompted by the need to address hardware limitations and ensure that our forum, and particularly news resource running on WordPress, performs at its absolute best.

Key improvements and benefits

• Our new setup includes Litespeed Web Server and Redis Object Cache, resulting in significantly faster page loading speeds and improved overall performance.
  • We are now on a 'cloud dedicated hosting' platform with the Enhance control panel, offering greater flexibility for future growth and seamless migrations.
  • The new infrastructure includes redundant DNS servers and a central control panel, enhancing site's reliability and uptime.
  • We now benefit from securing hardening, 24/7 support, security patching, rebootless kernel updates, Antivirus, and Web Application Firewall (WAF).
  • Our new hosting package includes advanced monitoring tools from Hetrix Tools (CPU, memory, disk space, disk IO), allowing for proactive management of server resources.

Technical specifications

Our new server boasts the following specifications:

CPU: 4 cores
Memory: 8GB RAM
Storage: 160GB
Litespeed Web Server
Enhance Control Panel

Additional perks
  • Backups every 12 hours, retained for 14 days
  • Full server management
  • 24/7 monitoring and support
  • Failover capabilities for quick recovery in case of any issues

While our new server is currently hosted in the UK, you'll hardly notice as the connectivity and page loading speeds (exactly what our WordPress-based news site needed) have seen a radical improvement. I am also pleased to inform you that a move to a USA-based location is available to us, if such need arises.

A special thank you

I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to Daniel Mann (aka @SharedGrid), the owner of SharedGrid. In an effort to speed up our WordPress install, Daniel has gone above and beyond, spending countless hours digging through our old server setup, updating software, analyzing data, and optimizing performance. His dedication to providing a world-class experience and educating me throughout the process has been truly exceptional. Thank you, Daniel, for your true expertise and commitment to excellence!

I am confident that this move will significantly enhance everyone's experience on HostingDiscussion. As always, I welcome your feedback and look forward to continuing to serve the community with improved performance and reliability.

Thank you for your continued support and patience during this transition.

Apparently I slept through an important upgrade. Given I will be relaunching two other media projects, SharedGrid.com team bumped up the tech specs to:

4 x Ryzen 9 7900 cores
12 GB RAM, and
250 GB NVMe space

I guess they thought it would be best to allocate more power sooner rather than later.

Additionally, I just heard that their new network provision has finally been setup in the US, so it looks like we will make the move to North America at some point soon.

What a significant difference for the better. Good decision on upgrading the hosting setup, looks like you'll be in great hands.

4 x Ryzen 9 7900 cores
12 GB RAM, and
250 GB NVMe space
The specifications look great and the forum is running blazing fast as well.

Back