HostBill New Client Area

Its nice, its not a new client area but a new client area theme just they did was change things around. I don't see anything else added that is different but maybe its a big move for them. Don't get me wrong its nice but isn't it overpriced?

Its nice, its not a new client area but a new client area theme just they did was change things around. I don't see anything else added that is different but maybe its a big move for them. Don't get me wrong its nice but isn't it overpriced?

Read in between the lines....

I wouldn't say its overpriced, if comparing to WHMCS etc... then I see your point though imagine without HostBill you would have to do all that manual work.

That equals more than a $400 one time fee in administrative duties etc...

I hope the price increase of HB encourages certain segments of the hosting industry to take a serious look at their margins:)

HB is a great software and I can only see it improve in the future. I hope the price increase will make the development better.

Indeed when I first seen it I was like wait it looks like something else. I've never used OnApp for a long time but seen it here and there.

Do not forget to add the 75$ per support ticket and 12 months access to updates is included by default, which is optionally renewable at $299/year.

Do not forget to add the 75$ per support ticket and 12 months access to updates is included by default, which is optionally renewable at $299/year.

Yeah quite expensive. But I believe that if the product is good you probably will never have to raise a ticket for support, we've got some licenses and never had any problems to be honest. I know that HostBill is less buggy than WHMCS. The best thing about it is the regular updates, so the optional renewal isn't so optional if you want all the latest updates.

Yeah quite expensive. But I believe that if the product is good you probably will never have to raise a ticket for support, we've got some licenses and never had any problems to be honest. I know that HostBill is less buggy than WHMCS. The best thing about it is the regular updates, so the optional renewal isn't so optional if you want all the latest updates.

If you read many forums, what puts a lot of people off Hostbill, is

the lack of monthly licences
reseller program 1 minute then its gone
indecisive on their pricing as this shifts more times that you have hot meals
pay per support ticket

New to the community, so thought I'd chip in to some existing threads on here.

I am not a fan of the HostBill price increase and don't think anybody is. Especially the "Ask our CEO" thing for $75 a ticket. I think they'll just keep on raising their prices, then eventually close.

It's obvious they're not making enough money.

HB is now charging for anything they can it seems. They offers a bunch of themes that are now $100ea... Very interesting business.

New to the community, so thought I'd chip in to some existing threads on here.

I am not a fan of the HostBill price increase and don't think anybody is. Especially the "Ask our CEO" thing for $75 a ticket. I think they'll just keep on raising their prices, then eventually close.

It's obvious they're not making enough money.

I think their killed themselves when they stopped monthly licences as with any system/software you need a regular income to help maintain and update the product, but without monthly licences they are not getting this

I think their killed themselves when they stopped monthly licences as with any system/software you need a regular income to help maintain and update the product, but without monthly licences they are not getting this

The price increase does seem to be a majorly bad move. I can understand their reasons - they wanted to attract big datacenters into using it for server management. The issue is, their existing audience is not datacenter owners and you cant treat your customers like they are second class. A big mistake IMO.