Hello and Introduction

Freckled

Hello everyone, thanks for the welcome John. I usually tend to just read in forums and occcasionally make a post but I though what the heck, won't kill me to say hey first.
Background about me, Started in the graphics realm and then graduated to websites, grahpic design, then got a reseller account and started hosting friends, graduated to a ded. server still for friends and now I opened another server, had some professional graphics and layouts designed and hope to take it public in a couple weeks. I love hosting and still love making graphics though time for that has grown less and less even though I am online practically 18 hours a day.
I have learned a lot in forums and have to say if it weren't for forums like this one I may not be doing as well as I am.
I currently live in Europe and will be back Stateside in June, Arizona to be exact. Love the weather there so I will be comfortable to say the least.
Well enough of the boring me, here's to having fun and actually being a real member instead of a lookyloo. :lurker:
Freckled

Hey Freckled :)
Your welcome for the welcome!
Good to have you as a member now :D

Now just to get the other lurkers to become full members and take part ;)

I currently live in Europe and will be back Stateside in June, Arizona to be exact. Love the weather there so I will be comfortable to say the least.

Arizona was FAR too hot for me!
I was there and have to say theres no way in hell I could live there, it would probably be as hot as hell during the middle of the summer!

Where abouts are you in Europe now?

Well as I said, good to have you as part of the community now :)

Hope you can help bring your expertise to the other members of the community!

Now just to get the other lurkers to become full members and take part ;)
Arizona was FAR too hot for me!
Where abouts are you in Europe now?
Thanks again John, I am sure they will start posting soon enough when they see enough people doing it too. Looks to be a great forum. I took your small banner and will happily link to it.

We are currently in Zagreb, Croatia, It is truly a wonderful country and getting better every year, still some old school politics here but that is everywhere. It's nice to live in a city with population over a million and rarely ever hear a siren, can walk out at night and the coast here is totally awesome. People are wonderfully nice as well.

I sold cars last time we lived in Arizona and I loved the heat until we had to climb into a black vehicle for a test drive. LOL Youch is all I can say.

Well I am babbling on again, now off to read and see if I can find something useful to post about. :cool: Freckled

Looks to be a great forum. I took your small banner and will happily link to it.

Thanks a lot Freckled!
Really appreciate that :) Im glad you like the forum!

I have never been to Croatia but would like to go one day. Dont really know that much about it to be honest but what I do know sounds interesting

Haha Im sure you didnt like getting into a black car, so many people in nevada have black cars (I was there for a few weeks during christmas) and I dont know how they can stick the heat in the summer! I was there one year before the summer and the heat was killing me then!
I would love to live in the states but I dont think I could afford all the costs of moving everything from Ireland to the states hehe

Hi Freckled!
Welcome to HostingRefuge!
Good to have you as a member :)
You sound like a well travelled man.
Have you lived in any other countries?Or other states in the USA?

Is Croatia very safe compared to the states or is the city your in just like any other city?

[You sound like a well travelled man.
Have you lived in any other countries?Or other states in the USA?
Is Croatia very safe compared to the states or is the city your in just like any other city? [/B]

:lol: :lol: I almost spit out my coffee, yes I am a well traveled WOman. Thanks for the laugh.

I have lived in Germany and traveled some of Europe. I have to say I like Croatia much better than Germany.

Yes if there is not a war going on here, it is a very safe country. Maybe because the punishments are much stricter here if you do mess up.
I will say this, I was surprised when I first got here at how strict the stores are such as no outside bags or backpacks and if you do have to bring something in it is all wrapped and sealed in plastic. I kept thinking shop lifting must really be a problem, turns out it never was, they are just removing much of the temptation, very proactive here.

You would be surprised at the number of international visitors here.

Also if you have a self esteem problem not the place to come to.
All the men and women are very tall and they are all very thin. I am short and trim and I can't fit into their largest clothes at most shops. When you wear a petite in the US and you can't fit into a x-large here, it can get to your mind after a bit. :lol: Other than that I love it. I do miss home though and look forward to getting back there. They love basketball here.

Zagreb is the capital and just wonderful. Temperatures are warm this year only had about 2 inches of snow all year. (I do miss snow) Haven't seen below freezing temps yet either. But the Adriatic coast is where all the tourists go. Can't beat the seafood.

Freckled

I almost spit out my coffee, yes I am a well traveled WOman. Thanks for the laugh.

Haha you actually made me laugh there ;)

When was the last time there was a war in Croatia do you know?
I thought there was still some small things going on like there are in many countries around there.
They do seem like a very strict country, thats something I REALLY dont like, that would totally put me off living anywhere that was like that.

What is the temp like there?
I always thought it would have been cold a lot of the time!

Welcome to our community!

Thanks RobAPI, Stephen, Jose and Francisco for the welcome. I hope to learn a lot from all of you. And living in Europe is great but as they say there is no place like home. Freckled