Funny cpanel orders

I have a question it makes me laugh actually
why in the world would someone one use a stolen credit card to purchase a cPanel license (just came to mind because we have had a half a dozen or so fraud orders this month for them fraud screening caught them right away )
Am I missing something here? your that poor of a host that you have to steal to to provide a panel for your clients
sure maybe they are using it for there own personal sites, but still you would have to steal a CC every couple of weeks to keep it working ? that would be a pain in the ass
To top it off when the IP gets deactivated buy us we leave a deactivated for fraud which will lock the IP for the next unsuspecting cpanel partner which would be another pain in the ass switching IP's every time they switched stolen credit cards.

We have had only 2 squeak by fraud screening over the over thy years and guess what cpanel had the ip's blocked to contact them to unblock

Sure I can understand using a stolen credit card to rent a server to run the silly phishing schemes (although I do not approve i understand) maybe they will get a few hours of phishing in before they are caught. but trying to run a cpanel server off of theft no usable hours :confused:

Today really took the cake I assume it was a hacked server from a well know university (which I wont name). what they were going to set up a hosting service with a stolen cpanel license & a stolen server :) boy i feel sorry for those clients

just thought I would share :)

What gets me is when a prospect fails a fraud check, then when asked to provide documentation, faxes in faked documents. We had one where he faked the name on the card, but on the picture you could clearly see a different name on the back side of the card.

I have a question it makes me laugh actually
why in the world would someone one use a stolen credit card to purchase a cPanel license (just came to mind because we have had a half a dozen or so fraud orders this month for them fraud screening caught them right away )
Am I missing something here? your that poor of a host that you have to steal to to provide a panel for your clients
sure maybe they are using it for there own personal sites, but still you would have to steal a CC every couple of weeks to keep it working ? that would be a pain in the ass
To top it off when the IP gets deactivated buy us we leave a deactivated for fraud which will lock the IP for the next unsuspecting cpanel partner which would be another pain in the ass switching IP's every time they switched stolen credit cards.

We have had only 2 squeak by fraud screening over the over thy years and guess what cpanel had the ip's blocked to contact them to unblock

Sure I can understand using a stolen credit card to rent a server to run the silly phishing schemes (although I do not approve i understand) maybe they will get a few hours of phishing in before they are caught. but trying to run a cpanel server off of theft no usable hours :confused:

Today really took the cake I assume it was a hacked server from a well know university (which I wont name). what they were going to set up a hosting service with a stolen cpanel license & a stolen server :) boy i feel sorry for those clients

just thought I would share :)

I don't get it.. maybe I am missing st here as well...

The one that gets me is when we ask for faxed or emailed documents they say that they don't want to disclose there identity. Hmm...if they used there credit card then they pretty much disclosed there identity at the beginning. That is the first sign that its fraud. lol

I actually know a guy who tried to start his hosting biz with a NULLED cPanel. Dammit, if you can't afford to pay $38/mo for a cPanel go get a free control panel! That's not even funny, that's just pathetic.

The one that gets me is when we ask for faxed or emailed documents they say that they don't want to disclose there identity. Hmm...if they used there credit card then they pretty much disclosed there identity at the beginning. That is the first sign that its fraud. lol

They must be some really stupid fraudsters. You can have my credit details, my name and address but I still want to hide my identity...hmmm

That's why you leave the external licenses to BuycPanel and you only offer c
internal licences to your clients who you know aren't fraudulent. I agree with everyone else, it's kind of sad when you have to steal other's money in order to run your business. Pathetic.

People can be very fraudulent when trying to get something for free. Buyer and Clients should beware and always do research when approaching potential companies