Free hosting

Does anyone remember those USB sticks with 16, 32 and 64MB memory? There was a time 64mb was a luxury)

my first computer was an apple II clone, donkey kong!

and that joystick, bring on Flight Sim lol
joystick_II-2.png

We had a Spectrum 48k and a tape player about the same size, in fact I hadn't thought about if for a long time but swapping disks was already a luxury compared to loading things from tapes !

Most of the top free hosting providers don't exist anymore but i think it is still possible to get free hosting services for educational or private projects that don't need too much resources or speed.

Most of the top free hosting providers don't exist anymore but i think it is still possible to get free hosting services for educational or private projects that don't need too much resources or speed.
plenty of free hosting providers with one of the biggest being Amazon Web Services (AWS), but these are full of spammers, etc. going by the amount of spam I get from AWS they just don't seem to care as reporting you just get the same canned reply. Many times I get 'sorry it's not our IPs or servers' which once i say that's not what SpamCop says, they change their minds and suddenly ' we have wrote to the account owner about this'.

There are multiple free hosting services but in free hosting they are not giving the full access on the hosting. But paid hosting is best for the business cause you will lots of features with hosting.

There are multiple free hosting services but in free hosting they are not giving the full access on the hosting. But paid hosting is best for the business cause you will lots of features with hosting.
not just extra features with paid hosting.

I hate when I go to a business website and it's a basic free WIX or Yell page. They don't look professional.

It's the same when a business has an all-bells and whistle website, but they use a Gmail/yahoo email address. this looks unprofessional

First impressions count.

While I agree with Terry that first impressions count, I don't necessarily look down on Gmail addresses professionally, but Yahoo and Hotmail addresses, absolutely.

While I agree with Terry that first impressions count, I don't necessarily look down on Gmail addresses professionally, but Yahoo and Hotmail addresses, absolutely.
what i am getting at is you have gone and got a professional website but rather than use emails @domain.com you use @gmail.com. more professional to use @domain.com, if you want to read through your Gmail account then direct @domain.com to your @gmail.com address

Definitely not
Maybe for household use :)))
For business purposes - there are no really good free options
And if you find such, then I think it is impossible to avoid any pitfalls.

While I agree that emails @domain.name should be used for business, I think Gmail has evolved to be generally acceptable for business use as well. I know I personally no longer connect Gmail in the same realm as Hotmail or Yahoo mail.

If you need it for short time and for learning purpose, then you can go with free web hosting. Otherwise paid is good and secure.

Free hosting - it's a great opportunity for studying, how to create and manage a website. But - for business purposes, it's not a good idea. IMHO - you want make business, then pay for good and reliable tools. Hosting - it's a very important tool for online business