Free domain appraisal tool from Godaddy

I consider all domain appraisal tools completely counterproductive and, frankly, useless. There is never an accurate way to estimate domain name's value, especially in an automated way, no matter how many variables you are trying to breakdown.

A real domain name value comes from mostly intangible factors. The keyword, how well it plays into the industry, comparable sales, how easy it is to remember, how big the market it serves is, competition, among other things. Most importantly, the domain is going to be worth different money to different buyers.

Bottom line is, never take any estimate from tools like these at face value.

Fully agreed with Artashes here. No form, or inhuman creation can give you the value of your domain. Like anything, the value of a domain is primarily assigned by the person interested in said domain, nothing more. Sure, there's a lot of factors involved, but it pretty much boils down to how much someone's going to want to pay for your domain.

I think these tools are created just for fun because it's almost impossible to evaluate the price of a domain name due to too many factors like Alexa rank, backlinks, domain authority, domain age, domain size and much more.

All I can say the buyer of your domain is the best free domain appraisal tool. :) :)

The value of a domain name is the price you pay on registration and nothing more as a domain is nothing without a website with content and keywords to gain ranking.

You are mixing up registration price with value. Those are two different things, with or without website content.

not really as a domains value can only be the price paid at registration, as pointless having keywords etc. linked to a domain without having a website and a domain wont get any ranking if it does not have any content linked to it.

In the scope of domain appraisal tools, which is what this thread is about, we are talking about a secondary market of domains, not those available for registration.