Franz is your friend!

whmcsguru

How many here remember Trillian? How useful was that application back in the day? I mean, logging into all IM networks from one device, no native clients necessary? Sadly, Trillian development has pretty much dissolved, likely due to the fact that people just don't use IM like they used to.

A few weeks back, I found out about Franz. Franz is the Trillian for today's age, and damn is it useful. Currently , I've got Franz setup to handle the following

• Facebook Messenger
  • Stride
  • Slack
  • Linkedin
  • Twitch
  • Tawk.to

And that's just the beginning. There's so much that can be done with Franz. For example, twitter and tweetdeck, twitter DM's (separate)... It's just incredible.

If you haven't heard of the app, or have any of the above native apps installed on your PC (mac or Linux included), then you owe it to yourself to consolidate them all in Franz. In most cases (from my experience), this handles things way better than native apps!

Interesting piece of software... first time I hear about it. But it does look exactly like Slack.

Yea, that's quite nice software. However, I do use the sidebar option which is available by default in Opera web browser to access Facebook Messager, WhatsApp, Telegram, VK, Snapshot etc. :)

I remember Franz! I tried it out during the initial beta but it seems to have changed quite a bit since I tried it out. I do recall numerous tests were made by some people and found that running Franz for your apps used less resources vs running each official app.

Interesting piece of software... first time I hear about it. But it does look exactly like Slack.

Each app you enable will look exactly like the official app as it is just wrapping their official web apps into Franz. So that picture looking like Slack is actually Slack (their web app).

A huge benefit of Franz is if you have two+ accounts on any service. It separates them so you can say log into multiple Skype accounts at once via Franz.

A huge benefit of Franz is if you have two+ accounts on any service. It separates them so you can say log into multiple Skype accounts at once via Franz.

Exactly. Which is really cool if that service hasn't updated itself to support this. Sadly, some just don't care to do so.

Sadly, skype seems to be hit and miss on Franz, unfortunately. That seems to be the only one I've had issues with.