First come first get

Westpoint

I have a question for domain sellers here. When you are selling a domain, do you apply the "first come first served" policy, or do you put existing customers in priority?

hey, do you mean, two people want the same domain? if you are like a registrar and two people have registered the domain, but you dont have an automated system, then it should be first come first serve, but if you own the domain your selling, thats optional

I have never ran into this issue before but I would go with first come first get pending they still plan on paying the price needed for the domain. I have heard of a few people doing the who pays the most deal but to me that seems a little sneaky.

Hi,

For us, we go for the first come, first get policy, prices are there already for us. That gives fairness to our current clients and also new clients as well.

Thanks.

With domain sales their are no priority for customers anywhere. (I have never found one so far.) It is the "First come First served" policy.

I think the "first come, first served" rule should apply, it's only fair. I can understand that you care about old customers but you can't ignore new ones either, every customer is important.
If it were my own domain I would sell, I'd definitely wait for more offers.

Since registration of new domains has become incredibly fast these days, with the online scripts provided by registrars and resellers, within a few seconds your name will be registered and then you will be the owner. It's not like doing some paper work and waiting for days or weeks before registrations fully take place, so the option of first come, first served can be applied in most new domain registration cases.

If you really like an address, and find it available, do not hesitate, especially if your hosting account has credit or funds or you are in a position to have it registered. Do not postpone it, especially if it contains some top business names because who knows, maybe a in a few days it will be gone and registered by one of your competitors or someone who parks domains and sells them at higher prices.

Since registration of new domains has become incredibly fast these days, with the online scripts provided by registrars and resellers, within a few seconds your name will be registered and then you will be the owner.

thats only if companies that regsiter the domains used an automated system.

a few years ago I registered a Limited Company in the UK and a few days later the company i registered with send me a booklet with various offers and one was a .uk domain for £1 a year with min 2 years.
so i registered a domain that i would use on a future project. 24 hrs later domain still showing not registered yet they took payment, contacted them to see what was going on and no reply, so i registered this with 123-reg and awaited to see what they would do to reg domain. 2 days later i get an email from this company to say congratulations your domain *** is registered, please let us know what nameservers you want so we can change these.
I replied showing then that they could not have reg it as i already did this elsewhere, they would not believe this even though i provided them prove and would not refund me. i informed nominet of them and i noticed 3 days later they were no longer offering domain registrations.

So far as I have seen money wins after the layalty. The first gets the domain name he actually have the ability to buy it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys