Finding a small investor

How do you find a small investor for a web hosting company? I would like to expand and I need a few things to get started but I dont have the money like that to do what I want since I am a college Student, no other job then my small web host.

Let me know your ideas?

Well this forum for example is a good location. You can also offer your ideas to others! If the ideas are good, then people will most likely help you out.

Do you have a business plan? If not, write one! The only way people will be able to invest in your company is if you can show the direction of your company, the plans that you have for the money, and the return on the investment.

Once you have your business plan in hand, contact an SBA in your community (Small Business Association). They have money on hand specifically to help new businesses launch and become profitable. Again, they'll need that business plan and how you expect to pay the money back.

If you have a decent enough proposal, bring it to your bank - see if you can go that route.

If you're looking for an angel investor, they do exist, but most are looking to invest anywhere from $150k to $1.5M and will look for an annual return of up to 25% (or more).

You'd need to put together an exist strategy for how or when the investor is paid off and no longer part of your company. Decide if they're taking a board role and how much say they have in your company stake.

Have a look around on google and you'll find plenty of sites that are investment type sites that get people in touch with each other. Sites like fundingpost.com and go4funding.com are good starting points. I've never used them, but do a hunt on google and you'll see many sites like them.

Again, a business plan is mandatory for ANY investor. What do I get for my money is the first thing I ask any time I have to fork over $20!

Asking friends to join may help with workload and ideas, but not really investment on a decent scale. I agree that a business plan is a very good start. Check out sba.gov for tips.

Im looking for a decent VPS or small Server to run my webhosting company on. Currently I have 4 clients each paying about $2.40 a month for some small shared hosting packages. I am looking to offer resellers.

I have a VPS currently but its going down allot and my clients are not happy about that as you can imagine.

So I guess I am looking for a investor to help pay for a decent VPS or Server.

maybe a littel off topic

I think of myself as a relatively smart person, but how exactly do you write a business plan? Is there any examples I can look at to guide mysefl with ?

I have a small company and am a reseller. I am looking for capital also to advertise and expand. I would love a newspaper ad to get more eyeballs on my website.

So if anyone can help on the business plan, that would be great !:help: