Favourite Automation Scripts

wh-coach

I'm curious what other people are using for automation scripts - do you have a script you can't live without that just makes life so easy? I realize that many people use WHMCS as their orchestration layer so let's just assume it's that or some other billing software providing the triggers and that it's invaluable...

I don't even know how to start it off. I have a whole bunch of stuff that I've rolled myself for my own purposes as a result of my somewhat unique business model (shared solutions where shared makes sense, pluggable into dedicated or VPS where that makes sense). For example, I automate creation and limiting of MySQL databases if somebody wants to be a tenant on that shared system or automate creation of VPN accounts - that type of thing. Nothing came out of the box for me so I wonder if anybody uses any kind of workflow automation tools or something to ease provisioning in the general sense.

I use box billing software as a automatic script that enable clients to purchase services, it automatic activates after payment is paid, it is very easy to set up and organized.

Puppet/chef is ideal if you have to orchestrate many servers (am talking about some 20+). Configuration management is a charm with these tools. It involves a learning period (trial and test stuffs) but once you are set you will feel that all those time were worth spending on it.

I used WHMCS in the pass when we had Plesk control panel setup on our servers and it worked out nicely. Now we don't have Plesk because we didn't need it for clients since the software we sell our clients has it's own control panel. We ended up writing our own billing software that has worked out good, but took many weeks of development to make it work. ;)

I used WHMCS in the pass when we had Plesk control panel setup on our servers and it worked out nicely. Now we don't have Plesk because we didn't need it for clients since the software we sell our clients has it's own control panel. We ended up writing our own billing software that has worked out good, but took many weeks of development to make it work. ;)
could you give some detail about the fuctions of your custom billing software

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft