Favorite places to advertise?

talkwebhosts.co

We all know by now that the most effective means of advertising is Word of Mouth. Where does everyone here tend to advertise? Which methods have you found to be the most effective for your business?

Avoid PPC, its not really worth it in most cases. Stick with Impressions or better yet create a affiliate program. Besides that I'm not letting out any secrets ;)

Not letting any secrets out? Is that cause you don't have any? hahah you left yourself open for that one.

PPC can be good :) I guess everything thinks differently. I think the Impressions is a waste of money..

Once heard from someone that newsletter offer a great way to advertise. Especially ones that have a large following for readership.

I would lean toward an affiliate program networks. They already have publishers who are looking for incentive to place ads on their sites. You only pay for the performance you desire (click, lead sale, etc..). Most hosts cannot afford to go with huge networks like cj.com or linkshare.com, but there are good smaller ones like sharebucks.com and shareasale.com that make it really affordable.