EIG being sold for $3B

bigredseo

HD Community Advisor
Staff member
Saw the news on Monday but didn't get to post it. Looks like EIG (Endurance International Group) are selling.

EIG owns nearly 100 different brands including; Bluehost, Hostgator, Constant Contact, ResellerClub, Domain.com, IPower, Directi, and more.

It looks like this is a packaged (and done) deal - Clearlake Capital Group are set to acquire all assets and debt of EIG.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...ake-Capital-Group-L-P-for-9-50-per-Share.html

Should be interesting in the next few months if the acquisition goes through, what will be changed, and consolidated.

Wouldn't touch any EIG brand, no matter who the parent company is. We can only hope for the best with new ownership. Time will tell.

Wouldn't touch any EIG brand, no matter who the parent company is. We can only hope for the best with new ownership. Time will tell.

i was with Resellerclub before they were taken over by EIG and thought they would get bad, but have never saw any difference in their support when i have needed it (only twice)

Heard about EIG considering a sale. But didn't expect them to close relatively quickly.

I checked out Clearlake's portfolio. Nothing in the hosting industry in particular, but I understand why they'd be interested in it, especially during COVID years.

We will have to see how Clearlake operates all the brands under EIG.

Hope their customers will get a better service and support under new management!

We will have to see how Clearlake operates all the brands under EIG.

Hope their customers will get a better service and support under new management!
I don't expect many changes. Clearlake is an investment firm with with a wide investment portfolio, but very little insight into the hosting industry. It would appear their objective is a stable return on investment. My wild guess is they will continue having most of the same people run these businesses. Customers should probably expect more of the same level of service, unless someone mess things up.

I don't expect many changes. Clearlake is an investment firm with with a wide investment portfolio, but very little insight into the hosting industry. It would appear their objective is a stable return on investment. My wild guess is they will continue having most of the same people run these businesses. Customers should probably expect more of the same level of service, unless someone mess things up.

but like where these sort of Investment firms take over retail chains, first thing they do is get rid of dead wood, so i can see Clearlake will look at all EIG brands and get rid of all non profitable brands

I agree with you that no matter who is the parent company, Everything depends on support and working system, Let's wait, time will tell

I agree with you that no matter who is the parent company, Everything depends on support and working system, Let's wait, time will tell

Yes it will depend how support will be run.

All these brands would have their own support staff in their own offices, but when EIG took them over support would have moved to a central hub, so support staff would offer support for all EIG brands, which if support staff were not familiar with a certain brand then how could they offer support for it.