E-mail forwarding?

Matt99

I recently registered a domain name with namecheap, and set up e-mail forwarding through them.

When I send an e-mail to my new domain through smtp.comcast.net (my ISP), the mail takes days to get through. However, if I send it from any other mail account, it gets there immediately (as it should).

Does this not indicate a problem with Comcast's SMTP server? The only explanation I've gotten from them so far is that "they do not support mail forwarding"...am I wrong in thinking that whether or not THEY support mail forwarding should not matter?

Matt, quite confusing, is it not?

I suggest you e-mail their tech support yet again. Tell them you signed up for THEIR forwarding services and when you're using their SMTP server - it takes days to deliver the message. If they cannot resolve this simple issue or maybe just don't want to - ask for money back and find somebody who will care more about your money and you as a client.

Good luck!

I'm more confused now...I should speak with Comcast's tech support?

The thing that confuses the hell out of me with this whole thing, is that all other messages seem to work fine...only messages I send to my new domain take forever to go through. If I send a message on Comcast's SMTP server to the actual e-mail address I'm forwarding to, it goes through right away...

Matt,

Not quite a situation to be in. Yes, if the question is technical - I highly suggest you to e-mail their tech support and see what they have to say. Explain them just like you did to us what confuses you and I hope they can resolve it for you.

Best,