Domain Reseller Program

I know you have to give them money first but it is worth it because there is NO EXPIRY date for the funds and you could get domains for as low as $6.69 which I think is awesome.

Can domain owners transfer their domains to you if you resell for one of those sites?
I dont know much about domain reselling but have lost a few customers because they want to transfer their domain to me (including one right now so a quick answer would be great :))

Yes domain owners can transfer their domains to me...I would suggest go with OnlineNic.com...it will be a good start for you plus they have an API which you could brand under your name...pretty neat :)

Thanks Rahul, will look into that in a few hours (Just doing some other work at the minute)
How much does it cost to get started with that?

Let me know when you signup...I think it costs $79.90 to start with the lowest level which gives you 10 domains at $7.99 each but when you invest more then you get a lower price for each domain.

I like it too...I started out small with the bronze level account which enabled you to get domains for $7.99 each and now I have the gold account which enabled me to get domains for $6.69 each and I am getting a lot of sales especially my clients love it when I give them a FREE domain when they signup annually :)_

Im looking into a domain reseller account now.
Onlinenic looks like a good one but Im waiting to hear back from namecheap about bulk registration with them and to see how their program works because I have a few domains with them and I like their control panel.

Well if you already have domains with them then you might as well wait to hear to see what they could offer you...hopefully an unbranded API :)

I honestly dont have a clue about reselling domains, never really looked into it before.
i wont really be doing this as a service to make profit, but more of an additional service to customers, might attract some people to my site also :)

I understand by what you are saying...with OnlineNic's reseller program you could even have your own domain reseller program branded under your companies name. I have a person from Pakistan who is a domain reseller for me and he keeps about $1.00 minimum per domain he sells which is branded under his name...he focuses only on reselling domains until a while ago where he signed up as a web hosting reseller to add more value in his service....he sells about 25+ domains per hour...I myself cant believe it...especially when you do the conversion rates for him since he is in Pakistan he gets about Rs. 1500 per hour which is a lot of money....:)

Wow that is a lot of domains....and money.
I just got a reply from namecheap.com by the way and was told their reseller account wont be available for 20-25 days.

This is the email i got from them:

Hello John,
Our developers will be releasing the reseller interface witin the next 20-25 days. This will give you all the flexibility you need as well as allow you to have your own site just like ours with your own brand name.
Best,

Richard Kirkendall

I am very interested in going with them because I think their support is friendly and I really like their control panle

We were using stargateinc.com before and then we have to change to Enom. Stargate's staff were friendly but their system was not (I am talking about 2/3 year ago). It gave away our main login and password to one of clients who registered his domain through us. We were lucky that the client was very known and decent person who simply informed us.

I am sure Stargateinc.com must have got rid of that bug but we found Enom's staff friendlier. Their control panel was user friendly too. We have been with Enom from last 2/3 years, no complains.

Note: I have heard stargateinc.com has recently improved a lot especially their control panel.

Well currently we don't offer domain registrations but I think I would go with Onlinenic since it is minimal investment and also Rahul recommended it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8