Domain registrar (reseller) for bigger volume of domains?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Hey HDers,

So I find myself (again) with an escalated number of domains.

I have:
25 domains at GoDaddy (surprisingly I've been moving away from them one at a time as their pricing seems much higher than even the closest competitors)
53 domains at Namecheap
11 domains at Hello.co
1 domain at Enom

A couple of dozen of names in my portfolio are new TLDs, outside of the traditional com/net/org spectrum.

Considering all this, what would be the most cost effective company/plan?
I am looking at Enom's reseller platinum package (http://www.enom.com/reseller/domain-name-reseller-pricing-plans), but I have no idea whether my relatively low volume of domains would make it worth for me to spend an additional $750.

I am such not a domain person that I don't even know what products are available on the market. I'd hate to be paying retail prices if there are wholesale solutions available.

Thanks for any experience or knowledge you might have on the subject.

I use ResellersPanel. I can buy domains at wholesale and resell them if i choose. You get a free Enom domain selling plan when signing up. I have a reseller store to look at if you want, but i will not post a link without direct permission. If need be i can send the you a link by using PM, again with direct permission.

I use ResellersPanel. I can buy domains at wholesale and resell them if i choose. You get a free Enom domain selling plan when signing up. I have a reseller store to look at if you want, but i will not post a link without direct permission. If need be i can send the you a link by using PM, again with direct permission.

That would actually be amazing to have a quick glance into what to expect.
In the meantime, I am going to read more about their service.

i use resellerclub. you join with $30 which they place in your account as a credit for you to use as you want

From the first few minutes of me looking on their website, I didn't see a $30 initiation fee mention anywhere. In fact, they seem to be pushing their "free reseller plan" pretty aggressively. The pricing is good, but it is much better if I were to resell domains with a hosting plan, which I don't need. But talking about domains only, I guess the pricing is for both registrations and renewals?

Actually, does anyone know if the $750 enrolment fee with Enom is credited towards the account OR is it a non-refundable application fee?

Artashes,

I did an indepth review of ResellersPanel a few weeks ago at WHT.
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1626482

I am using a subdomain of theirs, so Google will not index it. Google only indexes your store with a FQDN. You can transfer or point nameservers of one of your own FQDN to be used for your store. The shared hosting plans are of my design, with defined limitations and VPN added.

I will send you the link to your PM box.

From the first few minutes of me looking on their website, I didn't see a $30 initiation fee mention anywhere. In fact, they seem to be pushing their "free reseller plan" pretty aggressively. The pricing is good, but it is much better if I were to resell domains with a hosting plan, which I don't need. But talking about domains only, I guess the pricing is for both registrations and renewals?
They may have changed the system since i joined in regards to fees/credit, but you dont need a hosting business to sigh up with them.

you sign up as a reseller, so you can get their reseller rates, if you also want to sell their products you can set up a partnersite and supersite from within your account area. i can provide links to mines to show you.

Actually, does anyone know if the $750 enrolment fee with Enom is credited towards the account OR is it a non-refundable application fee?

not sure, but i know if you sign up with ENOM through WHMCS you have to hold a £100 balance in your enom account and i think this is placed as a credit

not sure, but i know if you sign up with ENOM through WHMCS you have to hold a £100 balance in your enom account and i think this is placed as a credit

Just got my answer from Enom sales department:

The $750 fee is a one-time setup fee and does not go towards your reseller account balance for future purchases.

That's sad, because their pricing is so good. :sad:
Just not sure if it is worth the effort for someone with a low number of domains.

Just got my answer from Enom sales department:

The $750 fee is a one-time setup fee and does not go towards your reseller account balance for future purchases.

That's sad, because their pricing is so good. :sad:
Just not sure if it is worth the effort for someone with a low number of domains.

Simple.

register an account with WHMCS ( you would need an active licence with them though) and then sign up with enom through them

https://www.whmcs.com/partners/enom/
By signing up through us, you get to take advantage of no initial minimum deposit or setup fees, and a pricing level which you would only get directly by depositing a truly massive $3,975 USD!

Interesting work-around. :)

But, while cheaper in the short-run, I'd be accumulating approximately $200/annually in licensing fees to WHMCS to the overall cost. This does, however, sound like a great value partnership between WHMCS and Enom.

Take a look at the prices available at http://reseller.netearthone.com/reseller.php?action=pricing

We use them and we've never had an issue.

Beautiful! Thank you for the suggestion. I wasn't aware of their service. Your vote of confidence in them places them high on my list.

Would you happen to know if their "initial deposit" is used as credit on the account or is it a non-refundable setup fee?

Total receipts, I assume, is the annual sales volume?

Would you happen to know if their "initial deposit" is used as credit on the account or is it a non-refundable setup fee?

As they use Logicboxes the same as resellerclub then i would assume it works the same and initial deposit is used as credit.

Subresellers to my resellerclub account have to pay an initial deposit of £20GBP to activate their account and this is placed in their account as a credit.