Domain Fraud (or blackmail?) from Ekodomains.com

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
I received this email today:

Dear Domain Owner,

Our registrar is in the process of acquiring *******s.com.

We are sending this email to everyone who might benefit from owning this domain.
If you are interested in *******s.com you can make an offer here http://ekooffering.com/

After successful acquisition of the domain we will contact the person with the highest offer.

Thank you for your time,
Ekodomains Team
234 Hudson Ave
Albany, NY 12210

Follow the link to opt out of future emails: http://ekooffering.com

I own that name that I censored, except they are offering the same domain with a letter "s" at the end as in multiple form. Not sure if they are expecting for newbie users to fall for this scam or trying to "scare" owners into believing someone is going to buy their domain and do something with it, but I just wanted to warn the folks here of such scam and publicly expose www.ekodomains.com of their tactics.

Received the same email for several domains over the past week, all with "s" added to the end. I don't own the domains with the "s" though, so I figured it was just a company trying to make some money off of domain hacks.

If I were you I would lodge a complaint with Godaddy Art.

I would love to, but what am I going to base it on? That I don't like their unethical marketing tactics? They ARE providing a service after, its just HOW they are trying to get unsuspecting customers.

You think that is a reason GoDaddy will listen to?

Even if you logged a complaint with godaddy the most you will get from them is. "You need to get domain privacy so you dont get these spam emails any more." There isnt much they can do. Its just someone trying to make a fast buck by tricking people into thinking its their domain name or someone is trying to steal their business name.

Last edited:
I have recently started to receive emails from another similar outlet for another domain name. Same story, same multiple form of the keyword. Same scam.

To be honest, they don't bug me that much to get domain privacy. They steal exactly 3 seconds of my time before I hit the delete button. :)