Do you have another business online?

BlackStorm

Do you have a business online apart from hosting?
How long have you been doing it?
Does it make more profit than hosting?

I run a webhosting company and a IRC shell hosting company, that is all.. been doing them both since about May 2003.. I find I make more money with the IRC shells..

I dont know much about the clans...
Are they just part of a game or something like that?
Or something more like a business?

I think clans are more like a gaming team, but I believe there would be a way to make a bit of money there, if you got all the team members to buy a gameserver or something like that, buy webhosting for their site, you could generate some money that way, not sure if you could any other way.

Yea ...thats exactly what we do ....its a team of six folks that are pretty good at mohaa....we lease a server and then play other teams once a week.....its a good stress relief

Do you lease the servers out or just use a server yourself?
IE.are you leasing as a business or just for personal use?

Video games help pass time.... I play a lot of Counter-Strike and some Unreal 2k3. Like someone else stated above... It is a nice stress reliever.

Other than hosting / servers I dont have any other businesses online. However a friend of mine was starting up a web site on "Mutants" or something along that line. So I am helping him with the design of that.

http:///www.thedeadliestmutant.com is going to be the site name i think. He is big into Wolverine from the X-men and so on. (Gotta love 22 year old comic junkies :D )

<!--QuoteBegin-John Diver+Oct 14 2003, 12:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (John Diver @ Oct 14 2003, 12:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Do you lease the servers out or just use a server yourself?
IE.are you leasing as a business or just for personal use? [/b][/quote]
This one is strictly personal use ... :p

This is not a business I run, but a friend of mine runs a website for cellphones, he has ringers and backgrounds and such for the nicer phones. He only charges about $2 per month and has something like 30,000 members.

If you are interested, his website is http://www.d-d-n.com