Do Not Use Namecheap.com

clintrichardson

DO NOT USE NAMECHEAP.COM
They are NOT returning my calls to renew my domain ASCENSIONMODELS.COM,

They are NOT responding to multiple emails sent to them.

They are NOT giving any warning that your domain is about to expire and if it does you can NO LONGER manage it by logging into the SITE.

I expect that I will be hijacked as soon as it is 'legal' for them to do so and I encourage all of you to watch my site closely if you do not believe this.

I am hoping posting this will force them to finally contact me before my domain moves to the next stage of expiration.

The parent company enom will not assist you with the reseller.

I will be contacting the FTC about this issue if it continues to the next level.

I will only update this post after I receive resolution from the company and only state when I received resolution.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT USE ENOM, NAMECHEAP, OR ANY OTHER ENOM RESELLER !!!!

It's difficult to take this thread seriously, clintrichardson. Namecheap is a respected and well established provider for domain registration and is not in the habit of "hijacking" domains. Your statements seem pretty outrageous, and I doubt anyone reading this thread will abstain from doing business with NC as a result.

What phone number are you trying to call?

What email address have you sent your query to?

Is your listed Admin email address working?

Have you had any recent problems with your account?

Has your account been suspended/closed for any reason?

Have your recent transactions gone through without a hitch (chargeback, reversal, fraud alert, etc)?

I have always had very prompt replies when emailing support@namecheap.com .

Vito

I also don't put much credibility in this. User error would be the most likely issue.

I have processed hundreds of domains through NameCheap. I have received renewal notices on every one that I still had after 9 months.

I also don't know how you can group Enom in there. What experience do you have with Enom? The fact that NameCheap is a reseller of theirs means nothing. You are not an Enom customer, you are a NameCheap customer.

Could this be a simple ploy to drive traffic to the user's website?
Created: 2001-06-08
Expires: 2006-06-08
And:
Website Status: Active

Seems like you're overreacting, and lacking a few details - especially when your renew date is about a year away.

GoDaddy all the way - I don't think I've ever had any problems with them when it comes to domain names.

Roj

I dont have an account with namecheap but as i know they are a good domain registar, about godday they make easy things really hard and complicated, so i do recommened domainsite as the best for domain registartion and services.

GoDaddy all the way - I don't think I've ever had any problems with them when it comes to domain names.

Roj

That doesn't matter, this thread wasn't asking what the 'best' registrar is.

As for NameCheap, I have registrared a ton of domains with them and have never had a problem. Support is good too, I got en email within 24 hours of my problem. As the others said, I think you may be over-reacting or we may be missing some details here.

I have had trouble contacting them before, however once I did make contact the service was excellent.

Raider said:
They responded very quickly to all of my emails and I have never had any issues with them at all.

Ditto. Also they send out renewal reminders 30 days prior to expiration.

Blue said:
I get renewal reminders from NameCheap at 90, 60, 30, 15, 7 and 3 days.
Blue, are these automatically sent out by NameCheap or is there a setting in the control panel about these emails?

Thanks. Just curious. :)

To tell you the truth I'm not sure if it is a setting or not.
It's been 3 years since I created my NameCheap account. I don't recall making any specific changes to the configuration.

Blue said:
I get renewal reminders from NameCheap at 90, 60, 30, 15, 7 and 3 days.
I got a lot of whois guard reminders (I have no need for them though), but domain renewal related I got once there were just 30days to expiration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett