Credit card processing?

Forum4Hosts-Jo

Who do you use to handly your credit card processing?

I am looking to use worldpay, despite the cost because i have had good experience with them in the past, they are run by the Royal Bank of Scotland so they have good financial backing.
I also looked at EPDQ but they are even more expensive + you have to get a barclaycard merchant account on top of their price !!

I've looked at 2 checkout , revecom, hostcharge etc but I think im going to go for a UK based one.

Also being UK based I would go for WorldPay if I had the option now. However I am using 2Checkout and PayPal currently and have tons of recurring payments from customers set up there so moving now is not an option even though it would be more economical.

My advice - Make the financial investment now and go for WorldPay, it works out better in the long run.

For the United Kingdom, you can try either WorldPay or FastPay. WorldPay is backed by The Royal Bank of Scotland while FastPay is backed by NatWest. So both have very good financial backing. ;)

Authorize.net is good, however you require a U.S.A. residential address as well as an American Bank Account, as far as I'm aware. However Authorize.net are very very good, apart from those side parts.

PayPal - Don't use, if you respect your business. I find the majority of children signup with PayPal. Accept PayPal if you don't care whom signs up, although if you want to be known as a respected host who doesn't host mainly children, don't use PayPal. Also, lots of people see you as being a child by using PayPal; due to the fact, although there TOS and AUP say no people under 18 are aloud to signup, many still do which is very unfortunate. Therefore, go with a real merchant account or a 3rd Party company, and only accept Credit Cards pureply.

Also PayPal isn't good since your clients need to have a PayPal account. However, they don't need one to signup, since the signup process creates them one, although this can still be very annoying. If I walk into my local super market, I don't want to open an account with their processor merchant just to buy a pineapple or a packet of frozen veg off them. Do you?

PayPal - Don't use, if you respect your business. I find the majority of children signup with PayPal. Accept PayPal if you don't care whom signs up, although if you want to be known as a respected host who doesn't host mainly children, don't use PayPal. Also, lots of people see you as being a child by using PayPal

What are you talking about Anjay? There are a great many hosts who use Paypal successfully and profitably.
The payment processor is no where near as important as the proper screening of potential clients.
I have seen scams from every angle possible and Paypal had nothing to do with it.
We do about 15% of our sales via Paypal and have never had a problem. Not everyone has a credit card, and not everyone who doesn't have a credit card is untrustworthy.

Wow, this seems to be an old thread, but I have heard of CDGCommerce. I am thinking of going with them and stop using 3rd party.