Cpanel custom branding

cat5

Does anyone make use of this anymore? I know hostgator did/still does.

I used to set it all up when x3 was the default theme just with the top banner changed to my branding and a few custom links.

Not tried paper lantern customisation as of yet, or tried the newest rvskin update.

Did you find it helped customers at all (By having support, billing links etc within cpanel) or was it just a waste of time?

I haven't ever used it; neither personally nor professionally. Professionally I think customers seek out cPanel and there isn't a lot of value in hiding or rebranding what I used.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, many moons ago I used to use that feature in Interworx, but that may be outside the scope of what you're asking about since it's a different panel.

I've seen mostly cPanel branding is done by Resellers to customize and personalize cPanel theme or style for their clients. :)

I haven't ever used it; neither personally nor professionally. Professionally I think customers seek out cPanel and there isn't a lot of value in hiding or rebranding what I used.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, many moons ago I used to use that feature in Interworx, but that may be outside the scope of what you're asking about since it's a different panel.

Any panel really, I know when branding cast control previously to match my website it seemed to be easier for clients to navigate through. Just not sure if it's worth doing anymore as paper lantern seems simple enough as it is.

I've seen mostly cPanel branding is done by Resellers to customize and personalize cPanel theme or style for their clients. :)

Yeah it is a shame cpanel doesn't have a few of their own variants anymore. I'm sure I used to set mine as default x3 with their dark style images etc then re brand the logo with my website. Only took a minute and looked decent enough.

I'm sure they used to have some other styles with server images, clouds and a car if I remember correctly?