Cost per click costs for hosting

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
I used to check the CPC cost for top ad positions for certain keywords at Google ("shared hosting", "dedicated hosting", "cloud hosting" etc), but I forgot where I went to do that. Is it still the Google's keyword planner tool that gives that info, or is there a website that has an easy check tool?

So the Google Adwords will give a price, but their search volume range now shows 0-10, 10-100, 100-1,000, 1,000-10,000 and so on. Obviously there's a HUGE difference between 1,000 and 10,000 monthly searches :)

If you are currently paying Adwords and have a minimum spend of $3k/month, they give you more accurate numbers.

ahrefs.com, semrush.com and ubersuggest.com each give more accurate volume numbers (without spending the $3k/month). ahrefs and semrush require an account, but ubersuggest does not require any account to get data. Keep in mind that these are national results. If you're looking for regional, state or city, then Adwords is where you need to be.

I hate those search volume ranges and not quite sure what they'd be losing if they were more accurate at it. As you said, there is a bit of a difference between 10K and 100K searches. Or my favourite 100K to 1M range. But at least they still give you a cost per click range from low to high.

Also, I cannot believe how prices have gone uphill for higher end solutions like cloud or managed hosting. It's literally up to $50 per click for top of page bid for "managed cloud hosting".

Or my favourite 100K to 1M range. But at least they still give you a cost per click range from low to high.

Also, I cannot believe how prices have gone uphill for higher end solutions like cloud or managed hosting. It's literally up to $50 per click for top of page bid for "managed cloud hosting".
Yeah, it used to be that only the "hosting" word on it's own would hit the $50 range, but everything is high. I remember paying $2-$5 per click for "dedicated server" many years ago.

"managed web hosting" for top of page is $64.20
"managed cloud hosting" for top of page is $49.71
"hosting" for top of page is just $20.80

The killer is the search volume per month;
hosting = 74,000
managed cloud hosting = 170
managed web hosting = 140

Those are awful numbers. "managed web hosting" for 140 searches at $64.20 per click. OUCH!

At the same time, you have a "buyer" on the line. Sadly, they're opening multiple windows a shopping around too.

Going after "managed web hosting" you need to open the wallet as you're up against some big players;
liquidweb, microsoft, mediatemple, amazon, hostgator, squarespace, rackspace

No small budget with any of those guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airnode