Cost of control panel license on VPS?

BlackStorm

How much do you charge or have you paid for a control panel license on a VPS/VDS?
Do you think its too expensive when a control panel license can end up costing more than you are paying for the account?
Would you get a different control panel than normal because of their price on a VPS?

If you have a server and say "slice" it into 6 VPS', can you use the same cPanel liscense(for example) for each VPS legally or would you have to buy 6 separate ones?

This would greatly effect the cost each VPS client would have to pay for it.

Im sure you can, it would cost far too much to have a license just like a ded server for each VDS.
Normally a VDS provider would charge somewhere around $15 for a cPanel license

I think it would be too much money to get cPanel or something on a VPS for under the cost of the panel itself.

I really like cPanel but I think it would be better to go from a reseller to dedicated and skip the VPS since the liscensing can cost far too much for the little you are receiving.

I would deffinatly look at other panels for cheaper rates.

Each VPS/VPD has to have a serarate license. There is actually a cheaper cPanel/Direct Admin license just for VPS.

cPanel costs about $15 per month for the license and DirectAdmin costs about $5 per month for the license.

If people are getting VPS acocunts just because they want root access but can not afford their own server.... they shouldnt be wanting cPanel for a cheap price. cPanel's pricing is based per server (root login). If you were to have 6 VPS accounts on a box you would need 6 cPanel Licenses.

I personally wouldnt waste my time with a VPS..... you cant get a cheap server with cpanel for $50 /month these days