Client exec and refunds

shockym

I never have an issue on the random credit card charge but this week I tried to do a refund for a client who paid via paypal (ordered the wrong package), it does not refund. Anyone else have this issue running CE?

Well, we accept payments through Cash (for local customers if they visit our DC), CC , PayPal , EBS, cheque , bank transfer, and also refund it in the same way which client used to make it.

We usually go into paypal interface (site) and refund the money back to the client through paypal via web site.

Try setting up your PayPal API into CE.

WHMCS sometimes has the same issue, we have refunded through WHMCS and it has worked and other times it has not, so now refunds if required are processed manually through paypal direct.

I would suggest setting up the PayPal API in the settings for the payment gateway in ClientExec. If that doesn't work, contact ClientExec for assistance or check their KB or forums.

I've personally used WHMCS for the last 5 years and once the refund ability came in to power, I used that more often than PayPal but I do still use PayPal to this day to refund payments, mainly large payments.

WHMCS sometimes has the same issue, we have refunded through WHMCS and it has worked and other times it has not, so now refunds if required are processed manually through paypal direct.

I would suggest setting up the PayPal API in the settings for the payment gateway in ClientExec. If that doesn't work, contact ClientExec for assistance or check their KB or forums.

I've personally used WHMCS for the last 5 years and once the refund ability came in to power, I used that more often than PayPal but I do still use PayPal to this day to refund payments, mainly large payments.

I agree with all it's better to do it manually I've done refunds threw whmcs however doing it manually gets the job done.