ChatGPT content on Forums and Quora

YouStable

We are active on Forums, including Quora, and have seen a huge growth in AI-Generated content on discussion boards. Even Web Hosting Talk has the same case and also goes on HostingDiscussion.

People started using OpenAI to increase forum authority by replying to posts and other activities. Still, most of the time, people like me identify the content easily because after all its a Machine and uses a pattern to generate your content.

Do you support such content? If not, then how do you think it can be stopped?

We've briefly chatted about it between ourselves when we started to notice very generic auto-generated sounding posts.

I've been doing it for a while, so it's actually very easy to spot content that's not written by a human. In fact, we've been successfully performing checks for posts that are either plagiarized or modified from the original version for many years, way before AI has learned to do a half-decent job writing. Violating content has been dealt with.

I will be definitely introducing a rule prohibiting any usage of AI/auto-generated software from being used to post on HD. I think it is kind of sad if a hosting provider needs some bot to answer a question. A web hosting industry has a human factor built in its DNA, so as a human community our members should expect nothing less than human participation.

I will be definitely introducing a rule prohibiting any usage of AI/auto-generated software from being used to post on HD.

That's nice to hear. AI generated content everywhere is, at best, really irritating.

If I wanted the ChatGPT answer to something then I'd go to ChatGPT directly, if I'm looking for actual thoughts, opinions and experience based knowledge then I will go to a forum. The two should be kept separate.

That's why I created this topic because have seen many people are doing this, specially on forums and Quora

copyleaks.com have an AI detection tool and provides API for it, maybe something automated which highlights or tags a forum post if it's generated with AI?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys