Charity Sites

UKSpace4U-JH

Do you host charity sites for free?

If so do you take their registered charity number to prove they are a charity?

If you don't host them for free do you give a discount?

Not free and no discount - We've hosted them cheaper (and occasionally free) in the past but they always want even more than you could possibly give them for free. We now host for some bigger charities and i think that they (charities in general) are starting to realise that it is better to pay for a decent service than have the hassle of free hosting - like many other client types i guess.

I don't actually host any charity sites, I host a grief support message board but they always pay.
I asked someone about it once and he said "do you not think they have to pay for milk, and staionary and other things? why should you give them something for free"

We offer a discount and a rare freebie, but not often. It really depends on the charity and the amount of space/bandwidth/time that needs to be put into the site.

We host the christian science church who entered on our value package. The webmaster has recently expressed a wish for more pop accounts so ive agreed to bump em up to pro for free. But thats the most ive done in the way of helping out non-profit organisations.etc although I would like to help a bit more (provided they dont use excesive bandwidth).