Cerberus Support Any Feedback?

Naeem|THB

Could hosts who are using cerberus helpdesk, give me some feedback on there support, We currently use Kayako and have been doing for a while, Kayakos support is "OK" not the best, I have contacted cerberus's billing department and i received responses with 24 hours intervals in between them, Can some shed some light on what there really like.
Regards,

Cerberus is good software, but we have issues with the way its key expires suddenly. We faced this situation twice in past few months. Then you have to bunk them on their forum.

That is the only issue with it, else I would really appericiate the way it is designed so smart :thumbsup:

Without trying to sound biased, we found the Cerberus installation to be quite a bit of a nightmare.

Multiple downloads, multiple uploads, and the documentation can quickly have you lost.

The best thing to do since Cerberus has a free version, is to download it, install it, and test it out.

There really is no helpdesk solution that can even scratch Cerberus' back.

Installation of front-end and back-end is very straight-forward, and the customization options are awesome. I don't think you'll find a better support and dev team than at Web Group Media. Jeff Standen runs a tight ship over there.

I can speak with a lot of authority on Cerberus, as we've been running it since mid 2003, and it has superbly handled over 24000 tickets for us.

Simon

Agree with Simon. I recently started using Cerberus, and, not only is it free, as opposed to kayako, but, in my opinion the support is great. There are always people browsing the forums that can answer your question within an hour and it will be an answer that will help you. You can also submit a ticket and get a useful reply within 24 hours.

I did not have any problems setting up Cerberus. There are a few config issues that came up, but they were quickly resolved via the forum, I don't even use the ticket system since all of the developers check the forums daily.

I highly recommend it. They are also going to be coming out with a CMS system that will be very handy and come at a great price. One of the dev guys mentioned $50/year for a license, one time fee, if you want support it'll be cheaper the next year. But thats not a concrete figure by any means. Just a very rough estimate.