Business Strategy For Web Hosting

And just like that, a newbie was handed the key to all the success... :D

Why don't you share with us your initial thoughts on how you were going to approach it.

Here is the best business strategy in the hosting business: lots of reading, a bit of money, lots of patience and hard work.

Have a look in the forums here, and do a quick search. There's a number of posts dealing with how to expand a business, best marketing approaches, what control panel and servers to use, and how best to deal with customers, contracts and credit card systems.

Have a poke around, and at that point, ask a targeted question and you'll likely get a better response. "how to start" is too vague to cover in a topic.

I don't think there is a solid clear cut answer to this anyway, people in the web hosting industry do things differently and some work while others don't. Just as a example for myself Ive been doing this for only 3 years things are up and down, sometimes I have to change how i offer things and i get a great response, my point is like red alluded to there are just too many factors and the online industry is ever changing, if you want to know the secret to success online I think the most important thing is to always search for a new way, be flexible so that you can adapt when big game players change the industry with offers you cant match. Learn what information is perpetuated garbage and what isnt, more importantly test its the only real way of knowing. You will never eliminate risks from starting a business.

it doesn't exist a strategy ! there are many different strategies ... I really think it depends on the services you want to deliver and the market to want to enter for example low cost hosting or high cost added value servies, they are two different markets which requires diffrent strategies