Business Plans - Do you have one and do you regularly tweak it

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
It took me nine months to write a business plan for my Hair Salon, but the bank loved it. I'm pretty sure many getting into the hosting industry never write one, but I'd still highly recommend it. Do you have one and do you tweak it to reflect current conditions and future outlooks?

Took me 3 mths to write my for my hosting and my bank and accountant liked it.
When i then set up my website I had my mate (manager of local trading standards) have a look at this along with my TOS/Privacy Policy etc. and he spotted so issues with it, so told me not to worry he would get on of his staff members to take a loom at it fully and get back to me.
When it come back both my Business Plan and my policies had been torn to shreds with bits added, bits removed, bits amended, so they where worded correctly and complied with current legislation

Business plans should be required. Without them, you really can't measure and track the success of things. It's a goal sheet of how you will accomplish things.

As far as tweaking and modifications - that's done from time to time. Normally when we hit a milestone of some sort, we tweak things. It could be income based, client based or time based. We also have things setup as a phased approach, so once everything in Phase 1 is completed, we can move to Phase 2.

Banks certainly love business plans if you ever need to apply for a loan, and if you ever plan to have an investor or partner, you should have things setup there too.

Business plan is a must of hosting. You gonna need to discuss every year with your partners in things like what services and solutions or you gonna offer for this year, what services are you gonna drop out, what promotional offer you gonna do for this year. Also, updating marketing plans every year is important as well. Last but not least you need to track these plan at the end of these year whether they work or not.

Business plans are essential. It outlines what you aim to achieve for X amount of time, and if it was achieved, good, if it wasn't, it helps you identify and change stuff around to achieve that goal.

It also ensures that you remember and stick to your goals for that year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys