Bitten the bullet and registered our .uk domain

hostyhosty

I wasn't going to do this as I felt the .co.uk domain was sufficient but as a friend said anyone could reg it once it is released to everyone and there would be two HostyHosty's, which is not good. Wasn't too expensive anyway

What are your thoughts on the .uk domains.

Well, that is not entirely correct - actually the owner of the .co.uk domain has an advantage of taking the .uk too. Not sure how much time is given but the registrars should definitely reject anyone who tries to register a .uk domain for which you have the .co.uk right now. I have just today stumbled upon a topic in another forum where a user was trying to order his firstnamelastname.uk and GoDaddy told him that this would not be possible at the moment as he is not the owner of firstnamelastname.co.uk. :rolleyes2

Oh, I remember. NameCheap had contacted that one of my domain could be upgraded to .UK extension. I guess, you can only get the .UK if you got a CO.UK domain.

You can do a 'Rights of Registration Lookup'. When you enter your domain name it will show who has the rights to the .uk address.

4D is spot on, that's exactly what happened in my case, I looked it up seen it was reserved and was like OH NO YOU DIDNT XD

Then I realised it was reserved for me (nice 123-reg blokes lol)