"Being Helpful Pays" balance payouts to be processed by March 1st, 2018

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
What's up, HDers!

Migrating a forum with a lot of plug-ins and custom code to a new platform is no simple task. Our Being Helpful Pays program has been running for 7 years and rewarded your most valuable contributions to this community. It also happens to be a custom developed product. As such, in its current form it is not going to be possible to migrate it to XenForo.

To alleviate the migration process, we will be suspending the program with forum software change.

While the program served as a cool incentive, because a reward is never guaranteed and is processed manually on a case by case basis, we noticed that it never actually served as a primary incentive to contribute quality knowledge, especially by those of you who were rewarded more frequently. Members were predominantly motivated by growing into respected professionals with authoritative knowledge, for there are benefits that go beyond a random renumeration, which also last a lifetime.

According to the rules of the program, a member needs to reach a minimum balance of $10 in order to be paid. However, in light of loss of this program, a decision is made to lower that minimum balance to $1. It means that any member who has earned $1 or more, will have its current balance paid out.

It also makes things fair to those members that have earned our gratitude for committing themselves in sharing valuable insights and staying helpful to others.

Due to a large volume of members with a balance of at least $1, we set a deadline to complete all payouts by March 1, 2018.

How to make sure that you get paid:

Please visit your profile page (Edit Profile) and make sure that you entered a correct PayPal email ID into the appropriate field titled "PayPal Email".

Only those accounts that provided a PayPal email ID will be processed.

To alleviate the migration process, we will be suspending the program with forum software change.

While the program served as a cool incentive, because a reward is never guaranteed and is processed manually on a case by case basis, we noticed that it never actually served as a primary incentive to contribute quality knowledge, especially by those of you who were rewarded more frequently. Members were predominantly motivated by growing into respected professionals with authoritative knowledge, for there are benefits that go beyond a random renumeration, which also last a lifetime.

Does that means it never coming back as eventually a custom module on the Xenforo's platform?

No one said that you cannot integrate a custom module right?

Yes, it may be coming back. Yes, it may be custom developed again. But in current state I cannot take a risk to "carry it over" and hope it'll work, and risk hundreds of members' earnings.

Yes, it may be coming back. Yes, it may be custom developed again. But in current state I cannot take a risk to "carry it over" and hope it'll work, and risk hundreds of members' earnings.

Once you sort everyone's payments (it will be a long job) clear the plugins database and then try and migrate it over

Thank you very much for the clarifications and that is indeed very understandable. :)

Once you sort everyone's payments (it will be a long job) clear the plugins database and then try and migrate it over

I want the migration to go as smooth as possible. My objective is to make the job easier for the person technically in charge and it involves looking at a long list of plug-ins (some of which are so outdated that they are no longer supported even by newer vBulletin versions), focusing on those that are of more importance, and trying to cross match all of them to what's available with XenForo. The cleaner the system, the easier it'll be to iron out. I know for a fact some plugins in use will be lost, and that's okay. They'll be substituted by something else, if there is a need.

Hey, I wasn't in it for the money anyways :p.. Might want to update that thread though, let the world know it's been discontinued, at least temporarily.

So, payments will be automatically made then, no need to request a payout?

Hey, I wasn't in it for the money anyways :p.. Might want to update that thread though, let the world know it's been discontinued, at least temporarily.

Thank you and good point! I am going to update that thread as well.

So, payments will be automatically made then, no need to request a payout?

Yes, if your balance is at least $1 and you have added your PayPal email ID to your profile information, we will see it on our end. You do not need to request a payout.

Pretty cool thanks for keeping us in the loop, i am it for the money either , though i am grateful that its around as it does help with the quality of posts. You guys have done a good job of not letting this forum rot like so many others do...I am excited to see change in the forum because one its something new and two maintenance of this kind is a good indicator that the forum in general is not planning on going anywhere just yet.